Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer tried to scam me..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu dealer is way out of line

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and just bought a Weightless WHITE EVO last wk. and I'm very very upset with mitsubishi's customer service and quality of the company.

Here is the problems: My car's rear bumper's color doesn't match. My car has major gas smell in my oil and I'm guessing it is blow-by, so I made an appiontment for the service to check it out. This morning I dropped off my car at the service dept. and explained to the dealer about my concern with my car. The service manager agreed to check it out and preform compression test and leakdown test.
After a few hours I return back to the dealer to see what was going on. I then talk to the mechanic who preformed the tests, and he said everything was fine, then I talked to the serivce manager and he said everything was healthy and there was nothing to worry about.

Conversation between Service manager and me:

Me: Then why do I smell gas in my car."
SM: It happens to all new cars.
Me: Can I see the Numbers from the data sheet you got from my testing?
Sm: Everything is 200.
Me: Can I obtain a copy of the data?
SM: No, it is company policy that we don't give it to customers
Me: What kind of policy is that? Can I just get a copy of it?
Sm: No! it is company policy and against the law

As **** as I was, I just left and drove away... Then I decided that I have to obtain the copy because this was BS., I should have the right to see my car's data. So I return back to the dealer and processed to talk to the same service manager again. This time he is in his office.

Me: I need the data so I can have it looked over by my mechanic
SM: I filed it away and I can't get to it at this moment, can't you see I'm at work?
Me: It is fine I can wait.
Sm: It is very difficult to get go back and dig it out?
Me : how is that hard?
Sm: I very busy right now and nothing is wrong with your car
Me: Okay, then show me the data. All I want is the a copy of the data and I beleve there is no law against that.
Sm: It is company policies and can you step outside my office
Me: Thought u said it was against the law?
Sm: can you plkease step out?
Me: For what? What kind of company are you conducting here? Do you guys have any customer service? Why you got to make things so difficult, all i'm asking is to get my paper work so I can have my mechanic go over it .
Sm: The work done today was beyond warranty work so if you want it pay me.
Me: How is it beyond warranty?
Sm: We checked your concerns nothing was wrong and we even went deeper in to the diagnois. The extra step we took today was not cover by warranty. Thats it.
Me: Okay, You are being very unhelpful and ignorant for making this situation such a big deal. You don't have anything to hide or do you. Show me the prove and we can go from there.
Sm: Fine, I didn't do you damn testing so what? Pay me and i'll do it now

Then he made a call to the mechanic who worked on my car and the mechanic showed up at his office and he asked me to leave and closed the door. Not sure what they were talking about but it was something to do with me because they were pionted at me and my car. They proceded to talk and show no remorse of being jerks.

So i waited for the mechanic to leave:

Me: What is so hard about getting the filed work for me?
Sm: I just don't like you attitude
Me: My attitude? Are you listening to what you are saying? All I wanted was the paper but you have to make this such a big deal and argue with me. I spend 30K for a car that might have a major problem and you are not even tryng to help. This is ridiculous, this is the kind of service i get from a big compnay like yours? The way you are treating me not different then robbing me. I can't beleive the kind of service your company provides to customers.
SM: I already went out of my way to help you today to do all the testing non of those testing was covered under warranty
Me I though youy just said you didn't do the testing.

Then I walked over to the serice writer and ask for the # to Mitsubishi USA, and he gave me the # to the car leasing department. (WTF, everyone is backing everyone up at this dealer?)

Then I continued to arguing with the sevice manger for another 30 minutes about getting my paper works. Basically the service manner was being a #%^^$.

Then he later brough out director of parts and both try to explain to me nothing is wrong wih me car. I said I understand that nothing might be wrong but all I wanted was the paper work so I can see it with my own eyes. They both refuse to do so and treated me with no repect. I then asked for the Corp. # and they said 1-800-MITSUBISHI. ( this is just insane, I can't beleive this)

All I can say is that this dealership is definately way out off line and shows poor customer service. I'm very furious with todays incident and was wondering what should I do or can be done.

Beside all this, my car's rear bumper has been repainted and it doesn't match. This obviously shows that my car has been in atleast a minor crash upon delievery. During the purchase the details of repainting my bumper/crash was never brought up. The dealer did not tell me anything about it, even when asked upon the dealer lies and says nothing is repainted. The resaon I'm sure that the bumper is reapinted is because the serical number on the bumper has alot fo over sprays. I know this is probably not a big deal but it is the principle of them trying to BS pisses me off greatly.

This dealership is filled with scams and dishonest people and I'm awaring all you guys to not set foot in to STEVEN's CREEK MITSUBISHI. I will be filing an complain tomorrow to Mitsubishi USA and BBB, if anyone has any horrible experience with the same dealer please file an complain as well se we can get our voice heard.

!!BEWARWE OF STEVEN'S CREEK MITSUBISHI!!

-Sorry this has to be my 1st post, but the truth is the truth and i just have let it all out before i explode with anger. Please do not delet.

Last edited by TheeVOoNE; Mar 2, 2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:59 PM

By the way: My oil's hydrocarbon level is 2000 checked it before I went to the dealer today and that is why I'm having concerns about my car.

Does anyone have any info. on why I have such high levels of hydrocarbon? or know what can cause it and what can be done to lower it.

TIA!!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

wow im surprised you didn't knock the **** out of the manager, i would be pissed..what a bunch of *********...i don't think what they are doing is too legal
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:03 PM

what city and state is this dealership located?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:06 PM

Dealer = Stevens Creek Mittsubishi @ Santa Clara county in N. CA
Service manger= Sal.
Director of parts: Moe
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

yo man i feel your pain, heres another story that is f'ed with stevens creek mitsubishi.

about 1 month ago, my rear tailights blew out and my abs light went on, i took it into the dealer (stevens creek), long story short they changed 2 fuses and voided my warranty because i have an aftermarket radio installed in there. i had to pay $60 for 2 fuses

however 3 days ago, the same thing happened so i took it to another dealership.

and guess what, they actually diagonised my car and found a bad electronic circuit board in my EVO and said its a manufactur defect and will be replacing the parts under warranty.

So later on this month i am going back to stevens creek mitusibhis and ***** the hell out of those guys and get my $60 back from those *******s. I went through the same thing, the service manager was being a dick to me. all in all, i will make a big scene on a busy day so other "potential buyers" can be aware that STEVENS creek mitsubishi is full of ****.

so dont worry man, if you dont argue your case, i'll be sure to argue mine and make a big *** scene to embarrass those ****ers, i've scheduled a few days off work so i'll be lurking there for a few days at the end of this month.

Nebo

Last edited by nebolic; Mar 2, 2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:11 PM

All I can say is...Don't have mercy with those jerks...

I don't know how Mitsubishi expects to recover from the bad reputation that they currently enjoy here in the states, when they are allowing dealerships like these to represent them.

I believe you should be treated with the respect you deserve if your claims are legit. People have complained about little issues, and have gotten warranty repairs...so I can't see any reason why it should be any different in your case.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:16 PM

Nebolic- Which dealer did u end up going?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey hey hey, come down man. YOU ARE GOING TO SMELL GAS IN YOU OIL BECAUSE EVOS RUN TOOO RICH ON HIGH RPM, IT A KNOWN THING. so you dont have any problems with that at all do some research here and you will find out that all evos smell gas in the oil. about your bumper ??? i mean EVO have some cheap *** paint and we all know that so what are you expecting, again read in the forums and you will find out. bye the way i have never had bad service from mitsu because i know how to talk to them (do research and yo will find out). last EVOS are loud hard to drive, notchy and they need srvice all the time so if it is not your type a car then go and trade it in.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Edited for insensitive comments supposedly

Last edited by ImportPePe; Mar 2, 2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Az3ar
hey hey hey, come down man. YOU ARE GOING TO SMELL GAS IN YOU OIL BECAUSE EVOS RUN TOOO RICH ON HIGH RPM, IT A KNOWN THING. so you dont have any problems with that at all do some research here and you will find out that all evos smell gas in the oil. about your bumper ??? i mean EVO have some cheap *** paint and we all know that so what are you expecting, again read in the forums and you will find out. bye the way i have never had bad service from mitsu because i know how to talk to them (do research and yo will find out). last EVOS are loud hard to drive, notchy and they need srvice all the time so if it is not your type a car then go and trade it in.

Dude, don't try to defend and justify the actions the dealership did to their customer.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

i live in sacramento and i'm having pretty good service relation right now with Corporate Motors Mitsubishi off Florin road. I only went to Stevens creek mitsuibishi because my parents live in San jose and I was visitng them when the incident happened. However it seems like the dealers up north here in sacramento area are quite good. My friends up here go to the dealer in DAVIS and they are mod friendly.

The dealer im at right now are sort of cool with my car, i have a few mods in there (catback etc...) and they were still cool about it and didnt void my warranty and actually followed up with me since i dropped my car off for them to work on.

PM or something, my sister is a laywer and I'm full expecting STEVEns creek to be an ******* to me again when i make the claim for $60, therefore i wil have my sister write up a letter (a letter from a lawyer always helps) and i will file with better business bureau and call the san jose mercury to let them know i'm being ripped off. Also if they make me really angry, i will park my car there and posts signs to **** those guys over. I have time to waste if they are going to be jerks.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:22 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Az3ar
Ive seen a few of your Amazing threads of proclaimation. May I ask you by what majic bullet is the gas finding its way into the oil system? Oh yea were you going to say blowby? If so would you say that is a properly seated sleeve and ring? But now we are back to square 1 and an unproperly specd engine
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:24 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by ImportPePe
Stevens Creek Mitsubishi will end up like that one dealership from Scottsdale.

Let's DELETE these ****s and link this thread to every forum imaginable, make sure word gets out that these assclowns will NEVER conduct business with others from now on.

So who's with me?
Erase that!! Jesus you can be held liable for any action now!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i read you hole post. i am sorry but you have issues. you are saying that Mitsu sold you a car the was hit????? i mean wtf its a brand new car. go under the car and look if there is any weldings if you know how to do that..... be nice to people they wont test your car when they know there is nothing wrong with it for sure. Are you a tech???? if so fix your own car with out buging people about gas smell in the oil. dude some people??

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to scam me..