Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Engine mounts 4vs3 pce

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine mounts 4vs3 pce

Hey Everyone,

Curious to hear peoples opinions. I am looking to buy motor mounts but I am not sure which to go with. I daily drive my car and I do not want something that is going to make my car shake like solid mounts do. I am between the following two parts. Which is better? whats the difference with adding the additional mount? is it necessary?

-Torque Solution Billet Aluminum 4 Piece Full Engine Mount Kit: Mitsubishi Evolution VII-IX 2001-2006
http://www.torquesolution.com/Mitsub...ts-ev-1235.htm

-Torque Solution Billet aluminum 3 piece Engine Mount kit: Mitsubishi Evolution VII-IX 2001-2006
http://www.torquesolution.com/Mitsub.../ts-ev-125.htm

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most daily drivers use 3 but I have a roll stopper up front and ams side inserts on both sides, a torque solution rear mount and an Ingalls stiffy. To be honest it not bad at all especially once I put a cop in.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason42003
Most daily drivers use 3 but I have a roll stopper up front and ams side inserts on both sides, a torque solution rear mount and an Ingalls stiffy. To be honest it not bad at all especially once I put a cop in.

I have the Blox front roll stop too. and I was looking at the 3 pc kit do those kits come with the front roll stop? Should I just order the mounts separate? I was looking at getting the engine damper too do they really help?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

yes the 3 piece comes with the front and 2 sides I'm pretty sure if I remember right, and the 4 piece is the one the you have to order to get the rear as part of a kit. you can order separately or I think its a little cheaper as a kit. Only reason I have the ams side inserts is because they were cheaper and lancershop owed me credit because I ordered the powerflex ones that had a higher durometer but they were on back order for like a month and a half so I just had them switch to the ams ones which I think are 70a durometer. But Torque solution is really the only mounts for the rear I could find that were solid where it mounted to the subframe. So its really up to you on how you wanna buy the mount, The torque solution mounts are high quality stuff just with the high quality price tag too. As for the ingalls stiffy I really honestly couldn't tell you, I bought it first, and before I put it on the stock motor mounts with the blox had a pretty harsh vibration (not annoyingly so it was just a lot harder than the new motor mounts. after I put it on it kinda calmed the vibration down, but other people say that with theirs it made the vibrations worse. My vibrations did change when I swapped all the mounts, but it went from a slow more pronounced vibration to a faster less violent vibration, kinda like a massage chair if that makes any sense. sorry for the long response but just trying to explain my experience in words.

Edit: I just looked at lancershop, they offer 3 piece kits with either the 2 sides and the front or the other option is the 2 sides and the rear. And it looks like they just bundle the parts together for you but still charge the individual rate for each mount so it really doesn't matter how you buy them, only difference is clicking add to cart once vs 3 times.

Last edited by jason42003; Feb 6, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason42003
yes the 3 piece comes with the front and 2 sides I'm pretty sure if I remember right, and the 4 piece is the one the you have to order to get the rear as part of a kit. you can order separately or I think its a little cheaper as a kit. Only reason I have the ams side inserts is because they were cheaper and lancershop owed me credit because I ordered the powerflex ones that had a higher durometer but they were on back order for like a month and a half so I just had them switch to the ams ones which I think are 70a durometer. But Torque solution is really the only mounts for the rear I could find that were solid where it mounted to the subframe. So its really up to you on how you wanna buy the mount, The torque solution mounts are high quality stuff just with the high quality price tag too. As for the ingalls stiffy I really honestly couldn't tell you, I bought it first, and before I put it on the stock motor mounts with the blox had a pretty harsh vibration (not annoyingly so it was just a lot harder than the new motor mounts. after I put it on it kinda calmed the vibration down, but other people say that with theirs it made the vibrations worse. My vibrations did change when I swapped all the mounts, but it went from a slow more pronounced vibration to a faster less violent vibration, kinda like a massage chair if that makes any sense. sorry for the long response but just trying to explain my experience in words.

Edit: I just looked at lancershop, they offer 3 piece kits with either the 2 sides and the front or the other option is the 2 sides and the rear. And it looks like they just bundle the parts together for you but still charge the individual rate for each mount so it really doesn't matter how you buy them, only difference is clicking add to cart once vs 3 times.
Long response doesn't ever mean a bad thing haha. I am not really worried about pricing since I work for a wholesale distributor. I get great pricing. I was curious because My car is more like a violent Vibration haha and I dont want it to get worse!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I am very jealous, but its mainly shipping that's killing me up here. But yeah that is what I was worried about to because generally the stiffer the durometer the worse the vibrations. But idk if my motor mounts were bad or is the ams mounts are just the right durmeter or what but the violence of the vibrations got less, they just got quicker. It's not like you see on youtube where the Honda's dash looks like its about to rattle itself apart, I just had to put an oring between the ecu and its mounts on the bolts and a lil foam around the glovebox on the inside (the screen door inulation stuff) and I don't have any rattle and the dash doesn't move. just the seats feel like massage chairs which is nice haha.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to pm me your email I can try and send you a video of the car running so you can see what I'm talking about.