Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Mods for reliablility?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again...sell it and buy an actual reliable car lol
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by hiner005
Again...sell it and buy an actual reliable car lol
I second that
Old Feb 7, 2014, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't mod it. Keep it as close to stock levels as possible. Or the very basic bolt - ons.

You can not DD a heavily modded track car and expect it to be reliable no matter what logo is on the hood.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 05:50 AM

[QUOTE=meckert;11107583]The truth is you should have never purchased what you did--- that being a modded car with unknown issues. First question that comes to mind is why it was rebuilt in the first place, second is who did the job--and thats just for starters. To address the questions, a car thats never been modded is the best bet and most reliable. You on the other hand are at a place of wait and see-- whats going to go wrong with a car you purchased with an unknown history. Other have given good advice already. GL with your new car and stay up on maintenance, dont go cheap, and you really dont need to see redline everyday-- ( unless you can pay for it)[/

Been reading and soaking up as much as i can from this site. To answer your question, I had a new engine and transmission built because i wanted to start with something that was as close to zero miles as possible on the powertrain so that i wasnt inherieting someone elses problems. the bjuild was done by S & R performance in St Pete, FL. Ive seen their work and trust them with this kind of build. My last ride was a 03 nissan sentra SER spec v. after 170K miles of HARD driving i never had an issue with her. I've always kept good maintainence on my cars. I suppose reliability was the wrong word to choose. This being my first turbo and all wheel drive platform I really wanted answers on what would be the best way to protect my new engine. (good maintenance, I got it)
other answers such as:
Motor mounts
shift bushings
upgraded hoses
Thank you for your thoughts. To the trolls who cant put a serious, coherent thought together and insted decided to leave a smart @$$ comment, youre all off my christmas list.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Tune it. The stock tune runs too rich and too advanced. Nothing else really adds or maintains reliability. Yes this is a unreliable car.....you will pay a lot more than that mitsu badge will lead you to believe to keep it going. Cheaping out on maintenance of almost any kind will lead to catastrophe at some point.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
T-bolt clamps. Catch cans.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
tune, maintenance, and don't drive it like a race-car everywhere you go
Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:54 PM

If you dont go overboard with modding and you drive conservatively you shouldn't have many problems. With that being said every part on your car could fail so its really just a crapshoot