Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

initial response problem....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
initial response problem....

I have this ix MR, Its jdm, And from the beginning there was a problem, there was no acceleration feel whether i'm at boost or before boost, it seemed like it doesnt matter if i push the throttle 100% or 50% there is no increase in acceleration like it should be, its going at a constant pace no acceleration, after i changed my clutch and plug and air filter , nothing improved, all the same but somehow driving the car at a regular basis, it seems i've over come the problem, but just after a cold start when i heat it properly the car performs at 100% performance, before boost at low rpm this car response is very impressive and after boost it pushes you to the seat like hell, too much of force....but after a few hard driving again the performance drops, like no acceleration before and after boost, it seems the performance drops and again rises, and initial lower rpm drive feels heavy and no response doesnt matter if push the throttle by 20% or 40%, acceleration doesnt increase in that way like it does when the performance is 100%... and sometimes when the car is at 100% and i'm driving hard suddenly it drops the acceleration...
Any idea what the problem might be ? Note that my car it totally stock, no exhaust but i removed the cat with a test pipe...and just a ralliart drop in.
Please help anyone, i will mean a lot....
Please help....
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Have you checked for any codes?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:03 PM

yes, no code and no check light....
it seems like the car is having a hard time to pace up the acceleration and feels like the acceleration is heavy, doesnt accelerate all through the rpm like it should....
Any idea what it could be? Feels like the car is struggling and having a hard time to go up with the acceleration :/
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:52 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You probably need a tune. What it sounds like is you are getting knock and its pulling timing. If you get enough knock it will reduce you to the low octane maps which probably run like ****.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:29 PM

Yea id go get a tune if you havent already
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
+3 on tune, check fuel pump or injectors. Could be getting lack of fuel if fuel pump is going out or if a injector is a bad