Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need some serious help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This won't help you now but why did you drill on the passenger side? There is an empty grommet right there. I just popped it out with a ratchet extension and ran my boost gauge harness through the hole. Then drill and cut the grommet to fit around the harness and pop it back in.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPilot04
Wires that have ANY damage need to be replaced.

TBPH, my Evo is garaged, and I haven't run any wires through that hole in about 2 years, but I'd think there would be enough slack in the harness to allow you to not have to play that game. In fact, I'm almost certain that there's enough slack to at least move it around because the motor moves independent of the chassis.

If you need to remove the dash, it will almost certainly make the actual job easier, but removing any dash is no picnic. So go that route only if you must.

Once you get the grommet out, you should have a better idea of what you're looking at in terms of damage.

For future reference... if you ever need to run something through one of these firewall ports, your best bet is to use a stiff object (knitting needle, paperclip, etc) to force through the grommet space, and fish wires through.
Ok sounds good, ill let you know the progress when I finish it should take me about 3-4 hours to do
Old Feb 14, 2014, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shortbus115
This won't help you now but why did you drill on the passenger side? There is an empty grommet right there. I just popped it out with a ratchet extension and ran my boost gauge harness through the hole. Then drill and cut the grommet to fit around the harness and pop it back in.
Well on a thread here they said you can drill a hole which in honesty you can but angled down which I just assumed the wires weren't in the way.

But for the boost line I just took out a bolt, used a drill to make the hole a little bigger and fed the rubber hose through without an issue.

Im just going to have to take it apart and fix each individual wire that is messed up. Hopefully there is not alot of damage