Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo newbie with build question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, that's correct 91 is the most common in California. I'm not planning on going E85, maybe for a long while. As for what I want to do with my Evo, I'm looking to use it as a daily driver and a auto-x car. As far as mods for power go the last thing I want to is a turbo upgrade. Been looking at FP green or Tomei's 7960 turbo. I just want the car to be really responsive, reliable and durable. I understand that the more mods and power the car have there are risk of something breaking or wearing. I'll be happy with 375whp to 450whp on pump gas and will mostly likely keep it at that. I've been researching on the Tomei's 7960 turbo and seems like it meets my specifications as far as turbo spool, size, reliability and durability goes. Like I said this is going to be mainly DD and auto-cross. What are your guys input on the turbo choice? I would like to thank this community for being so informative and helpful. I'm glad I joined this forum because you guys have great input and don't judge and bash on someone as new to the forum and Evo world. Thanks guys!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by yadabooboo
pump gas, as it is simple and easily available where I'm from.
Where in Nor Cal are you? I'm orig. from Monterey, and there doesn't appear to be any E85 anywhere near there. Central CA Heading north starting in San Jose they're are a lot of stations.

E85 is simple. That's what that thread I linked was about.

If it's not available, then you're going to have to go with a much bigger turbo. Here's a great link for 91 dyno results: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vo-thread.html
Old Feb 15, 2014, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently, I'm stationed in upstate New York and I'll be going back to CA within a few months. I'll be living in the bay area around Hayward. Bought the car from my brother and now I've been buying parts and having it shipped to CA to start working on it once I'm back home in a few months. I'm not trying to build a HP power beast, more of a responsive car with decent power that will will be a reliable DD and for the tracks.