Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I want a good tuner!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christan From pure drive performance is a pretty damn good remote tuner. Look him up.
Puredriveperformance.com
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom is a great tuner! he really is. He tuned my car twice, 1st on 91oct and the 2nd one on E85 and he was gonna tune my car again when I switched to a 25G but luckily theres a fellow member here thats local(has tuned a few evos) and he only had to modify a few things to run my 25G on E85 and made some good power. Just give him a break he'll get to you.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by hiner005
Christan From pure drive performance is a pretty damn good remote tuner. Look him up.
Puredriveperformance.com
Too right, he is a VERY good tuner. Chris is very reliable and is able to safely extract every last HP your engine has to give. I can't recommend him enough!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
I just don't get why tscomp would take peoples money and tell them it will be a 2 week wait?
Sorry Gregg. I'll explain what the reason for that happening is: (Yes I took the time to check my inbox on my email program for a good 20min to figure out who you were before commenting, so that should show you I am by no means a lazy person.

=======================================

When I get customers who know the deal, and can provide logs in 5-10min of each rom i send them, their tunes get completed in about 2-3hrs. Its relatively fast when there's no issues.

The problem is, I was doing the calendar scheduling, and it was working awesome up until i got 3 evos in a row that literally had a million problems which caused me to use tons of time in helping them troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems. including making & selling them parts to fix their issues.

Coincidentally 2 out of those 3 evos had AEM EMS's. Whenever I see someone with an aftermarket EMS it is usually a red flag. Most people with them are new to evo's and were told that the stock ecu cant get the job done. When the cars mechanically sound, the AEM is no different then the stock ecu in regards to skill set however.

After that I got screwed up again, and temporary stopped using the calendar. I am going to enable that style of scheduling again in May 1st, but this time it will be very controlled and those who do have a mechanical issue will be rescheduled for a later date.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to troubleshoot, sell parts for cheap for repair, or go out of my way to help them, because i will do that. that is something i do for everyone, and thats why my customers make good power for their mods typically, because i don't just tune them, i help them, educate them, and make sure they are put into the right path part wise, and so forth.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tom is great! LOL I'm still waiting on him to take my logs on Skype! Twiddling thumbs here.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ams ftw!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8sam
Ams ftw!
Ams?how?op is not from the states.