Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ACD braided line?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 19DB794
You shouldn't have to. I would just keep trying by turning the ignition to on with the pedal floored. It sucks it only activates the pump for a few mins but there's really no other choice. Just to be sure, your using the bleed nipple on the transfer case correct?
yes i am using the bleeder on the tranfser case.

My issue is the pump turned on for 20 seconds the first few times. now it just turns on for a second. kind of hard to bleed when it turns on for a second.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by nirvancol
There's a way to hot wire the pump to run it and bleed it the same way the Mitsubishi tool does. If you search through the threads on here about bleeding the acd pump, you should be able to find it.

acd-tuning.com used to sell a bleeder kit, which basically hot wired the pump. I used one when I did mine, which made it pretty easy, but it looks like they're transferring the business to someone else and the kit isn't available at the moment.

And If I remember correctly, the holding-down-the-gas-pedal-method is really just a test to make sure the pump is functioning and also to build pressure in the pump. But to actually bleed it, you need to connect power directly to the pump so that it runs continuously when you open the the bleeder valve.
I did hot wire the pump once after i couldn't get it to bleed the pedal way. still no fluid came out of the bleeder valve.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yacubkep
yes i am using the bleeder on the tranfser case.

My issue is the pump turned on for 20 seconds the first few times. now it just turns on for a second. kind of hard to bleed when it turns on for a second.

That's exactly what it was doing to me as well when I went to bleed mine. After reading a bit more, what I found is that when that happens you might try disconnecting the negative cable from the battery. This will reset the pump. Give it a few minutes to reset, ya it sucks I know.

I guess the pumps over run protection or what not kicks in that's why this happens. Either way, when I connected the battery power back on the pump would run normally again.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:27 PM

well it wouldn't bleed anymore, but it seems to be working fine, so I will just run it the way it is!