Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much power on agp intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
I know, I posted the graphs cause the OP said he has never, beside himself, seen someone with excess of 500whp on this intercooler

Read my initial question....Then read my signature. Then read down a little further when i said it again
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by RussellDaniel
Most def ive seen alot of people have success with the Garrett 3.8 and the ETS 4. I think either would be good in excess of 800 whp.
ETS 4inch would be my choice
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah well if the AGP will do what i need it to maybe i can keep it for a while and not have to add anymore weight to the car, It would be nice not to have to be the test pilot for this if others have done it.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stout
I'm actually on a VRSF 3.5" Fmic and @ 32 psi it's working fine but if and when I decide to crank it up I'll be looking into the Garrett core.
what power are you putting down on that 32psi?!?! have you used any other FMIC that you could compare flow or power gains with? I am actually in the debate now between the VRSF and ETS front mounts
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Read my initial question....Then read my signature. Then read down a little further when i said it again
Some how I missed your first initial post and only saw the one that said "no one has ran this over 400whp?!" My apologies.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Some how I missed your first initial post and only saw the one that said "no one has ran this over 400whp?!" My apologies.

Its all good if this Intercooler could get in the 700's id be pretty happy with it
Old Mar 5, 2014, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Its all good if this Intercooler could get in the 700's id be pretty happy with it
That would be impressive. Are you on a MAF or Speed Density?!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

That would be impressive. Are you on a MAF or Speed Density?!

Speed density.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Speed density.
Do you think your EF4 will get you to 700?! MAP only rates the EF4 at 650 on E85. And I've never seen or read a EF4 breaking into the 700's
Old Mar 5, 2014, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Do you think your EF4 will get you to 700?! MAP only rates the EF4 at 650 on E85. And I've never seen or read a EF4 breaking into the 700's

The EF4 was my old setup. Im no longer running a stockframe setup.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

The EF4 was my old setup. Im no longer running a stockframe setup.
What are you running now?! And I'm considering picking up a MAP EF3 in the near future
Old Mar 6, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok for the past few days i have been doing research on my AGP 3.5 Intercooler on my EVO 9. I see alot of people have used this intercooler, but i have not seen anyone post up how much power it was good for. In fact AGP doesnt even specify on their site how much power its capable of handling. I personally have made over 600 whp with this intercooler, but im curious if it is capable of more. If anyone has any testimonial of this intercooler not becoming a restriction after 600-650 whp please chime in.
Russell, once I get my motor built soon I will have data for you. Check my sig, I made around the same power you did with my 3.5 agp. Tom has really said anything about the intercooler being a problem, but once the tuning begins that could change. Were hoping to break the current FP Black record of 720whp on a dynojet. But yyou'll have data soon enough
Old Mar 6, 2014, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

What are you running now?! And I'm considering picking up a MAP EF3 in the near future

Nothing yet, im working on figuring out which turbo im gonna use. Havent figured out which turbo i think would best suite my goals. I have a few ideas tho. This could get interesting. My motor is in the process of being built. Once everything is done ill do a write up on my new set up
Old Mar 6, 2014, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ReignMan24
Russell, once I get my motor built soon I will have data for you. Check my sig, I made around the same power you did with my 3.5 agp. Tom has really said anything about the intercooler being a problem, but once the tuning begins that could change. Were hoping to break the current FP Black record of 720whp on a dynojet. But yyou'll have data soon enough

Thats bada$$ man, hope you beat the record. I think Tom currently tuned the record fastest FP Black right now as well. I guess it just comes down to who finishes their build first. My motor is currently in the machine shop, so i may end up having results to give you first. It would have been nice to see someone who was already putting down power exceeding my goals. I would like to think this intercooler would be good for some descent power. A friend of mine just made over 800 whp on a AMS 3.5 core.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys. To answer a few questions:

1. It is not a Spearco core, nor is it a Garrett core. This is a core spec'd by us, and built to our specifications by the largest OE core manufacturer in the US. If you do some research, you could probably figure out who makes it, but it really doesn't matter. It works, and works really well.

2. We, personally, have only made 660whp with it on UMS's Evo 8 a few years back. Could it make more, I'm certain it can. Was it a restriction at 660whp? No. That was only at 30psi on a Zeta 3.2, but that car is a TA car and was not trying to max anything out.

We've sold a lot of these over the years, and I'm certain there have been people that have made more than the 660 we made. I just don't keep up too much on the forums and unless someone calls the attention to me, I don't know. Where does it max out? I don't know. I would think that the core itself is good for much more, however 2.5" tubes might end up being the first restriction. Let's see how far you can go with it. There will definitely be more restrictions in your setup that you will find shortly.

Quick Reply: How much power on agp intercooler