Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much power on agp intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RussellDaniel
Thats bada$$ man, hope you beat the record. I think Tom currently tuned the record fastest FP Black right now as well. I guess it just comes down to who finishes their build first. My motor is currently in the machine shop, so i may end up having results to give you first. It would have been nice to see someone who was already putting down power exceeding my goals. I would like to think this intercooler would be good for some descent power. A friend of mine just made over 800 whp on a AMS 3.5 core.

Most likely you will have yours done before mine lol. And yes Tom did tune the world highest twinscroll FP Black powered car and I would really like to break it.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ben@AGP
Hey guys. To answer a few questions:

1. It is not a Spearco core, nor is it a Garrett core. This is a core spec'd by us, and built to our specifications by the largest OE core manufacturer in the US. If you do some research, you could probably figure out who makes it, but it really doesn't matter. It works, and works really well.

2. We, personally, have only made 660whp with it on UMS's Evo 8 a few years back. Could it make more, I'm certain it can. Was it a restriction at 660whp? No. That was only at 30psi on a Zeta 3.2, but that car is a TA car and was not trying to max anything out.

We've sold a lot of these over the years, and I'm certain there have been people that have made more than the 660 we made. I just don't keep up too much on the forums and unless someone calls the attention to me, I don't know. Where does it max out? I don't know. I would think that the core itself is good for much more, however 2.5" tubes might end up being the first restriction. Let's see how far you can go with it. There will definitely be more restrictions in your setup that you will find shortly.

And to Ben. Thank you for chiming in on this thread. Alot of people for some reason only want to stick with specific companies intercoolers because they believe that is the only thing that will work. I chose your intercooler simply because when I was in the srt4 world, everything you made was amazing. Customer service was always great, and there was no reason to stray away from something like that. So, thank you guys for hangin in there and giving this community quality parts.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
I chose AGP because i'm all about supporting local companies, and the fact that its an amazing product at an amazing price.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ben@AGP
Hey guys. To answer a few questions:

1. It is not a Spearco core, nor is it a Garrett core. This is a core spec'd by us, and built to our specifications by the largest OE core manufacturer in the US. If you do some research, you could probably figure out who makes it, but it really doesn't matter. It works, and works really well.

2. We, personally, have only made 660whp with it on UMS's Evo 8 a few years back. Could it make more, I'm certain it can. Was it a restriction at 660whp? No. That was only at 30psi on a Zeta 3.2, but that car is a TA car and was not trying to max anything out.

We've sold a lot of these over the years, and I'm certain there have been people that have made more than the 660 we made. I just don't keep up too much on the forums and unless someone calls the attention to me, I don't know. Where does it max out? I don't know. I would think that the core itself is good for much more, however 2.5" tubes might end up being the first restriction. Let's see how far you can go with it. There will definitely be more restrictions in your setup that you will find shortly.
Ben thanks for speaking on behalf of your product, i have had zero complaints thus far, the AGP has handled everything i have thrown at it. I will certainly let you guys know the outcome in a month or two. Ill personally do a write up to include how far the AGP intercooler could take me without any restriction.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by e_kobz
I chose AGP because i'm all about supporting local companies, and the fact that its an amazing product at an amazing price.

I see in your sig that you do some road racing with NASA. How has the agp intercooler stood up to the heat on track? I am starting to overwhelm the stock intercooler toward the end of 20 minute sessions with my power levels (bolt-ons, s2 cams and 93 oct tune, 24 psi). I am seriously considering one of the agp cores.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ca18hatch24
I see in your sig that you do some road racing with NASA. How has the agp intercooler stood up to the heat on track? I am starting to overwhelm the stock intercooler toward the end of 20 minute sessions with my power levels (bolt-ons, s2 cams and 93 oct tune, 24 psi). I am seriously considering one of the agp cores.
I love mine and have no complaints what so ever. It holds up really well at the track. It flows just as strong and consistent on the last lap of my last 20 minute session of the day as it did on my first session. Great product at a great price
Old Apr 10, 2014, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by e_kobz
I love mine and have no complaints what so ever. It holds up really well at the track. It flows just as strong and consistent on the last lap of my last 20 minute session of the day as it did on my first session. Great product at a great price
How was the fitment? Any issues with the undertray having to be trimmed? Also, what LICP are you using? I have the ets version2 licp, and the stock uicp.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ca18hatch24
How was the fitment? Any issues with the undertray having to be trimmed? Also, what LICP are you using? I have the ets version2 licp, and the stock uicp.
Fitment is great. Fits with or without the crash beam. I honestly can't give you a accurate answer regarding the undertray. I installed a Muse 02 dump the same time I installed my intercooler so my undertray had to go. For piping I am currently using the Nisei LICP and the Muse Short Route UICP. I am most likely going to switch my lower pipe to a Muse SS piece or the AGP aluminum one here shortly.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The intercooler is good for 750+ im gonna do a write up soon on my 2.2L build, but ill say that you will have no issues in the 750 department with the 3.5 intercooler.