Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 Build Power Assumption

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Build Power Assumption

Hey Guys,

Ive got an 05 MR that I bought a few months back, and I threw a rod a month or so back. I'm going to have it built by a local evo shop, and pretty much have the build figured out, I'm just curious what you kinda power you guys think it would make.

The plan is :

(And this is a quick once over, some interal's and such may differ once I actually sit down with the builder, and iron out what were gonna do)

4G64 2.4 Longrod Block
Manley Crank
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
ACL Bearings
Supertech Valves, Retainers, Brian Crower Springs
HKS 272 Cams
FIC 1200cc Injectors
Walboro 255 Pump
ETS 4" FMIC 2.5" Piping
Stock Intake Manifold
Doc Race Exhaust Manifold
Tial BOV
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Precision 62/66 T3
Exedy Stage 4/5 Twin Disk Clutch

I'm just curious what peoples thoughts are on what kind of power I can expect, and if there's anything else I should consider.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2014, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

I have a 2.4 as well and love it personally. You didn't mention pistons. I have the wiseco 1400hd. Those cams seem much to mild. I wouldn't waste your time with those. Gsc s2's, s3's etc. You should research cams more for sure. Check this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-cam-test.html

Injectors you pick and final hp depend alot on whay fuel you plan on running. 93, e85, race??
I agree pretty much with the rest. I love my exedy twin hd. I don't know why you said stage 4/5 but if you are talking about exedy twin hd then yes great clutch. Power depends on the tuner and fuel used like i said. I make 500 with pretty much that setup except on a hta green so going big turbo 650ish
Old Mar 7, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You live back east so you can run 91-93 octane. 500whp should be very attainable with your build.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
I have a 2.4 as well and love it personally. You didn't mention pistons. I have the wiseco 1400hd. Those cams seem much to mild. I wouldn't waste your time with those. Gsc s2's, s3's etc. You should research cams more for sure. Check this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-cam-test.html

Injectors you pick and final hp depend alot on whay fuel you plan on running. 93, e85, race??
I agree pretty much with the rest. I love my exedy twin hd. I don't know why you said stage 4/5 but if you are talking about exedy twin hd then yes great clutch. Power depends on the tuner and fuel used like i said. I make 500 with pretty much that setup except on a hta green so going big turbo 650ish

No idea why I put stage 4/5, but exedy twin hd is whats going in it.

And the 1400 HD's are also the plan for the build aswell.

The cam's came with the car, and I've really been leaning toward a set of gsc's, I just wasn't whether or not the HKS cam's were gonna be that much of a difference. I've been a subaru guy for a number of years, and just bought an evo a few months ago.

I was hoping to be around +/- 600 HP, but at the same time, I didn't want to get my hopes up and bank on that, and spend a ton of money on a build and come out with like 450 -500 maxed out and.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Yea switch the cams and get a good tuner. With all of that if you are sub 550 you need a new tuner