Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Post deleted?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post deleted?

I just asked for help and the post I made asking for help with my evo was apparently deleted? Did I break any rule on the guidelines?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't think you should be asking people to give you free parts man. i know you need help but here is not the place to ask for it. you can ask for advice and get your post up so you can post in the sale/wtb sections. good luck.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Where are you located in FL? What was the deal with your car?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I read your post last night. while you may be honest in what you say, asking for free parts is generally frowned upon, simply because there are people who take advantage. they have a ton of cheap places to get parts from, but maybe not so free. you may have to make connections at local swap meets or evo/import car meets. rock auto has good prices, map performance has good service, but for what you need, ( which sounds like a lot of front end/frame, and various engine work), it's not gonna be cheap. good luck brother.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Oh woops my bad. Pictures are here. North port FL, i should update my profile haha

http://s344.photobucket.com/user/MrE...tml?sort=3&o=3

And thanks for all the good luck wishes, i will need it lol.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
You're looking at thousands in parts alone and more thousands in labor to put that front end right. Nothing about that is going to be cheap or free.

I must have missed your initial post but If you're looking for a cheap way out of that you're in for a rude awakening.

Is this your only car?
Do you have a financial issue?
Student?

If you want it as a project car, have a place to store it, and can put a little money and time into it as you go awesome. Start a build/resto thread

If you are looking to get it on the road tomorrow cheap it isn't happening

If your looking for handouts as others suggested Good Luck with all that
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
You're looking at thousands in parts alone and more thousands in labor to put that front end right. Nothing about that is going to be cheap or free.

I must have missed your initial post but If you're looking for a cheap way out of that you're in for a rude awakening.

Is this your only car?
Do you have a financial issue?
Student?

If you want it as a project car, have a place to store it, and can put a little money and time into it as you go awesome. Start a build/resto thread

If you are looking to get it on the road tomorrow cheap it isn't happening

If your looking for handouts as others suggested Good Luck with all that
Its my only car currently, sold my Jetta to buy this. I ride a bike to school and work, not the best way of transport but a good workout.

It's sitting at a friends shop right now. I'm investing a little money at a time, so im getting there slowly. I have to put a new radiator support on it which is going to be interesting, that's where most of my money on this project is going to.

I wouldn't say i have a financial issue, its enough to survive haha. i go to college, work full time. Just quit my job at Walmart, $7 and hour wasn't cutting it for me. Now doing construction with my uncle, he pays little but definitely more than Walmart. Is it worth it? Eh, i guess. Just tough to find a job where i live. Oh yeah im a student.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Part it out, and buy a neon...

It's obviously more in your budget. No offense man, just the truth. Drive what you can afford.

You flew too close to the sun, and your wings melted.

I don't drive my F360 for exactly this reason. If something happens to it, I'm not in a financial position to fix it. When I am back in a better financial situation, it comes out from under the cover. I just can't stand to sell it.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo47
Oh woops my bad. Pictures are here. North port FL, i should update my profile haha

http://s344.photobucket.com/user/MrE...tml?sort=3&o=3

And thanks for all the good luck wishes, i will need it lol.

Wow, I didn't think it was THAT bad. I stand by my original comment, part it out and get a running car until you have the financial means to have an Evo. Depending on how much you paid for the Evo, you may be able to break even, or come away with a little cash in your pocket.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope you got that thing for damn near nothing. Otherwise I would have just saved up to get a decent/good condition 2003 Evo 8 which can be had for quite cheap these days.

I think you're in a better position parting that car out and saving your money till you can afford one in good working order. Such a waste of money to restore something like that... it will always have a dirty title and you'll never be able to sell it for book value.

Honestly I don't even know why you bothered to buy it unless it was free.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sent you a PM with some useful websites (one being somewhat local) that should help. If you can't receive PM's just let me know and don't give up hope. It's always nice to see one restored rather than crushed and if the cars mechanically/structurally sound it should be a great car over the long haul.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost Demon
Sent you a PM with some useful websites (one being somewhat local) that should help. If you can't receive PM's just let me know and don't give up hope. It's always nice to see one restored rather than crushed and if the cars mechanically/structurally sound it should be a great car over the long haul.
Thanks man! Finally someone who believe i can do this! lol. I just picked up a few parts with extra money from last weeks paycheck. Im not giving up on this car just yet.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

It can be fixed. Just will take some time and money

Maybe i missed it, But why are you not having your insurance pay for it?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Start a new thread about your build/rebuild and keep us posted. Good luck!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
It can be fixed. Just will take some time and money

Maybe i missed it, But why are you not having your insurance pay for it?

He bought it wrecked.

Quick Reply: Post deleted?