Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Torque Pro screen and hardware setups

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Torque Pro screen and hardware setups

I just got Torque Pro a few weeks ago and am trying to get the best setup for my 8. This got me thinking... Others on here have to be using it, right? How are you all using it? Phone or Tablet? How are you mounting your hardware? What gauges are you using? etc...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:32 PM

I purchased the app just to read and clear my ses. Played with it a bit, water temp, boost/vacuum, rpms, HP and torque. Its seems real laggy, shifting at 7500 would give readings up to 5500 rpms for some reason. It may need a GPS receiver to be more acurate
Old Mar 21, 2014, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Erik…
I purchased the app just to read and clear my ses. Played with it a bit, water temp, boost/vacuum, rpms, HP and torque. Its seems real laggy, shifting at 7500 would give readings up to 5500 rpms for some reason. It may need a GPS receiver to be more acurate
I've found it depends on the hardware, in terms of lag. When I run with my Nexus7, everything is pretty snappy. When I use my Samsung Galaxy Victory, it lags in realtime but the logging seems to be spot on.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I purchased one of these, but haven't recieved it yet, wonder if it will work?

http://www.banggood.com/HHOBD-ELM327...-p-913030.html

Is Torque Pro the best program to get (running on a Galaxy Note mobile)? Any free programs worth a try?

Last edited by Fireescape; Mar 21, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fireescape
I purchased one of these, but haven't recieved it yet, wonder if it will work?

http://www.banggood.com/HHOBD-ELM327...-p-913030.html

Is Torque Pro the best program to get (running on a Galaxy Note mobile)? Any free programs worth a try?
Yours looks like many of them out there. Unfortunately, the best thing to do is just give it a try! (Did it come in the mail yet?)

I had Torque free for a matter of 5 minutes then I pulled over and hit buy for the pro version. I really haven't messed around with any OBDII apps yet since Torque is really doing it for me!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by UberDalum
l had Torque free for a matter of 5 minutes then I pulled over and hit buy for the pro version. I really haven't messed around with any OBDII apps yet since Torque is really doing it for me!
No I haven't got it yet, Banggood is cheap but postage is frustratingly slow, I'll report in when it shows and I get a chance to try it out.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 07:36 PM

You can change from metric to standard in options. You have to figure though, the HP is calculated through the setting in your profile and actual GPS speed. Let's say you're going up/downhill, that just adds/subtract resistance just like adding/subtracting weight. I would say that feature is pretty useless.