Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help with evo9

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with evo9

evo9 has straight pipe with missing ingen setup.. no maf and o2 sensors.. just got the car.. wanting to go oem... best way to retune and should i get the ingen setup or oem?? dont want to rice out...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
"missing injen setup" means nothing to us, what exactly is missing?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:01 PM

had injen shoert ram intake ... dont know if it had mass sensor or not... missing intercooler and all piping...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:37 PM

sorry meant, "short".....
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Please type in complete thoughts and sentences, it makes things much easier for others trying to help you. If you are wanting to go oem and not rice it out then browse these forums and vendor websites for the missing parts you need. If you plan on doing any modifications then buy upgraded aftermarket parts now instead of oem.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:17 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Are you talking about exhaust, intake or the intercooler system?

What issue are you trying to solve?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:46 PM

ok.. got evo9 and has missing intercooler, piping, air cleaner, mass sensor,... previous owner straight pipe through(which is still on vehicle).. does not have O2 sensors.. best of my knowledge had arc air box and cooler... should i go back with aftermarket? i rather go back with OEM, but may consider decent aftermarket for the money.. ill pull engine codes tonight and see where to start i guess... if its been tuned then guess ill be lost from there or send to tuner shop to retune to factory specs for mass/O2.. thanks
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

You can pick-up used OEM parts for pennies. If your goal is just to get it back on the road, that would be the cheapest way to go.

You don't have enough posts for the marketplace yet, but you can still send a Private Message to sellers there.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:03 PM

thats my plan..guess i need to get some posts out fast... what would be a nice bov for stock setup for the money?? can i get bigger cooler but use factory piping and airbox?? or will it throw map/mass codes? thanks
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...still confusing.

Like MechTech said, do us a favor and share with us your ISSUES. We can't help you if you don't share with us what is WRONG, BROKEN, LEAKING, etc.... We know you are missing stuff....car will not run with the listed missing stuff. Find the missing stuff, get it running and go from there....

What is the point of pulling the codes if you are missing the intercooler, piping, air cleaner etc....???? You can't even start the car and who knows what additional codes you may pull once you get it running again.....
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by vitalisevo9
i need to get some posts out fast...

Sorry dude, we delete useless posts. People try and post ***** their way into the marketplace all the time and we don't support that activity.

Originally Posted by vitalisevo9
what would be a nice bov for stock setup for the money?? can i get bigger cooler but use factory piping and airbox?? or will it throw map/mass codes? thanks
Stock evo diverter valve works great. You can crush it to hold more boost if you need it. Since the car is stock, why change it?

You can run a larger FMIC with the OEM piping and the OEM airbox, but you will need to retune the ECU A/F maps to get the most out of it. Parts that mess with A/F are best to run when tuned. You would probably be fine with a simple FMIC swap, but some parts need more fuel which can lead to detonation.

The MAF is part of the intake system, so changing the FMIC will not throw a code for the mass air flow sensor.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:29 PM

so best way is keep it stock or throw some good money into it.. guess thats what happens when you buy wrecked evo and someone takes everything off... everything looks original on this car but exhaust and intercooler/intake.. found previous pictures and had that arc but dont know what they done to it... everything else looks original... cant wait to get this fixed...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like you're on "speed density" go to the noob section of the forum to do a little learning man
Old Mar 20, 2014, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
sounds like you're on "speed density" go to the noob section of the forum to do a little learning man
.. what makes you think he's on SD?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 03:22 PM

thanks for help guys.... this my first evo9 and kinda hard to determine whats previous owner done... ill throw everything stock and go from there... post picture when car complete.. had gauges in car but gone too... but if it is "SD" wonder if it been cammed.. if SD hope tuned good... well ill find out and know once i get it stated.. just you evo fanatics probably know more... just trying to get much info as i can.... thanks again..

Quick Reply: help with evo9