Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Be smart when trading for a used car!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a waste of time, sorry your brother had to go and waste his time on that smh. This happened to me before too..
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:47 PM

Lol idiot
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:42 PM

wow i just caught this. but speaking to my brother which is the person who wanted to trade. i know for a fact he dont romp on a car, he had a boosted s2k, after he got tuned, i begged him to get on it, he would never step on it. i was the one who beat on his s2k.... now saying he broke it by test driving it is not cool.... again i never put this up to say your a bad guy, but to just warn thats all..... as far as i know, you guys went to the parts store and had put a few quarts of oil in. on another note, for what happend to the car and your pregnant girl im sorry about that, i personally wouldnt put my girl if pregnant on a 9 hour trip in a car. again not saying nothing bad, but something like this is not convenient...

maybe its not your fault or his on what happend to your car, but from knowing my brother, he wouldnt romp on a car without being tuned. and the guy who went with him, knows nothing about cars, so i doubt he would also....
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:52 PM

again there is 2 sides to each story, yeah your friends and people who know you vouch i get it, same as for him.... but the truth is, i know he wouldnt just break your car like that being untuned. and he would have to be romping the **** out of it i guess for it to start knocking.....
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:58 PM

oh and another thing, im speaking from what i know in texas.... i never seen my brother or did he ever tell me about you guys doing a bill of sale, now yes yall swapped titles and stuff, but if the car broke while he has it, i think in texas we have 3 days to get it checked out by a shop... now if yall didnt sign a bill of sale, yes you didnt have to return with the evo, but without a bill of sale, he couldof went to a court and state his case.....

next time for both of yall, test drive each car with the buyers and sellers, make a bill of sale, and have a shop at that state check it over, or bring your own tools... me if i wouldof went, i would be doing a compression check, and looked at all....
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:43 PM

Your brother wasn't the one driving it. (Not trying to sound racist) Was the big black guy that's a power lifter or something. Cool guy funny as hell. He was the one who test drove it, then started driving it back.

Answer this.. It will show how much you personally know about turbo cars. Will a wastegate dump at 4-5 pounds with a 14 pound spring? This shows that the car was well into boost right? If you say no just hit Alt F4... I've only seen the gates dump close to redline.

The title wasn't even in your brothers name, mine is in my step moms name. So.. I'd been fine going to court. We don't do bill of sales out here.

I would have kept my mouth closed and never said a ****ing word on here if it wasn't for you. I haven't said anything in the for sale post about your brothers car that's for sale. I could. Because I know how I drove it. lol. You know how it is when you get a new car. Launching the car as hard as you can, no lift shifting. Made me want an evo, never had a car that'd hook when I launched it on street tires. S2k broke an axle when I tried it, civic kept spinning until 4th.

I was honest about the car and any issues it had, if I wouldn't have driven so far I would never have traded for that evo. But if I make a drive I'm trading regardless. I didn't drive the car for that reason, the car made it that far so I trusted it to make it home. If it broke the next day I'd fix it, no *****ing. But to accuse me of knowing the car was knocking is bull****.

I never once pointed fingers until you posted this, I didn't care. Am I mad about it, not really **** happens. But it is extremely obvious the car saw boost and spun a bearing. Honda motors do not last when they start knocking. No way in hell it would make almost a 600 mile trip.

Oh and just for ****s and giggles. Do you think a compression test will tell you a motor is knocking? Since I know you're going to say yes, let me educate you once again. The answer is no. Why?!?

When the rod goes down the cylinder wall what does it do when it doesn't have a bearing in there at all? Drops a little farther down correct? So what would it do if it goes up? It bounces up with more force giving you a false sense of more compression. So if the rings were bad in that cylinder it could come out to around the same number.

Either way the car did not knock when we met up and traded.

This is going to be my last post, I'm tired of talking to someone who doesn't understand the basics of a turbo setup on a car. If anyone wants anymore info you can PM me, but this is really a waste of my time.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:05 PM

neversaid a compression test would identify knock, or never said anything about a wastegate and spring or what ever.... im not the best tech in the world nor i know it all. i do drive a 900hp evo, not saying im the the best, but i know a few things. now again, this was between you and him, i just brought this in the light.... and your not talking to someone who doesnt know about a turbo car, as i myself drive a evo with a bit of power....

honestly i wished i went with him. that morning i asked him hey wake me up and i go with you. well he didnt. he told me the s2k would be filled with parts and what no so there was no room, but than he takes a guy who indeed is funny, but knows nothing about cars. even if you had the car tuned, i would still drive it like its untuned because i dont know who tuned it or how it was done. One more thing, yes i have driven a car with slight knock quite a bit of ways, all i had to do was put thicker oil, and try to keep it low. yes the motor was trashed afterwards but i did it, with a sebring, which was my ex wifes car. all i did was replace the bearing that had knock, and kept trucking....... than finally replaced the motor

this couldof been a error or both parties, not defending my brother, but once you say hey its untuned, he will not run the car. so he couldnt "test" the car in all gears at fair RPM..... he swapped his TB on his turboed s2k, thru his tune off a bit, and he was scared to drive it 45 mins, so he had it toed to the tuner. thats how scared of the untuned word he is..... personally, i would never buy or trade a car thats been boosted by someone else. thats just me. i told him when he asked me what i think, i said its clean and all, but that just means its been ran thru. of course a car with "power" thats gonna happen. why build it if you are not going to run it? me i started with a stock car, and 25k later im fully built....

again sorry this all happened the way it did. next time we all learned at the end.

PS ... and as far as no bill of sale, i would never trade with anyone, just to cover everyone involved. not a good way to do business with out a bill of sale regardless of where your from...

Last edited by shadow_X; Mar 26, 2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: none