Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which would you like to see in the Evo VII
Make it loaded with AYC, Brembos etc. for 30k+
43.08%
Make an option pkg with the AYC Brembos etc. and start it at 28k
33.85%
Bring it loaded but detuned & with 5-speed for 28k
6.15%
Doesn\'t matter, just bring it!
16.92%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Evo VIII option opinions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont they offer a nav system on the japanease GSR?
Old Aug 21, 2002, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with Gs4toEvo7 about it haveing all the goodies.. but why should we settle for 35k+ when the car can be had in japan for around 22-25k US Converted.

I thnk fully loaded GSR j-spec for under 30k is fair... thats as much as an 8k profit over the profit they make in japan.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:43 PM

I want IT!!!

Bring it detuned with a 6-speed. Make AYD, Brembo's, Recaros, Spoiler as options (I know the motor will be the same). Base price @ $25K, I think that's possible. I can bring the power back up and would rather have the base price low.

If a "lightweight" version were available (no sound matting, xtra bracing front & rear) for a little extra, that would be nice for us real racers. I think it would be really good if would put its support behind the SCCA or some other form of grassroots motorsports to encourage people to get the racing off the streets. It would also boost their image in the public to encourage teaching people how to drive these performance machines and not wrap them around trees like so many WRX owners already have (and raise insurance rates in the process).

Last edited by BlackLoTuS; Aug 21, 2002 at 10:45 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Great point BlackLoTuS,

I think it would be great if mitsu had a program for Evo owners similar to the ones BMW has in the south east, or like the off road excurtions that Land Rover hosts for there custumers... only promlem is that events like that arent cheap, but the evo is.