Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

VRSF, Muse 02 dump, and Muse UICP review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
Looking a lot better! Start looking into the wire-tuck how to. Re-routing the throttle cable to the back makes the bay look a lot better, and it doesn't cost anything to do! I do have a question for you, did you have any trouble installing your UICP, like did it rub on your ACD at all?
Relocating the throtle cable is another thing on my to-do list. It takes all of 5 minutes, I just need to do it already. And I have been reading the wire tuck thread. Doesn't seem too complicated, just time consuming. My buddy did a wire tuck on both of this Evo's, he was gonna assist me so we get it done faster. To answer your question the UICP doesn't rub on anything including the ACD pump, but I will say it's pretty damn close. My biggest fear was it not fitting under the Perrin MAF bracket. But once everything is in and bolted up there's about a inch of gap.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good man...got goodies waiting at home to put into my Evo when I get back from deployment ..to include muse dump and pipes, gonna pick up the vrsf I/c to go with them
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does 02 dump do exactly? I just installed Muse Upper & Lower Inter Cooler Piping, I'm not looking to spend more money but from what I read online, up to 30whp?? Is that for real?

Last edited by [GBU]Moon; Apr 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
When the wastegate opens it will dump the exhaust straight out of that short pipe instead of exiting with the exhaust gases through the catback. It will be extremely loud by the way and there are performance benefits having an open dump.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
When the wastegate opens it will dump the exhaust straight out of that short pipe instead of exiting with the exhaust gases through the catback. It will be extremely loud by the way and there are performance benefits having an open dump.
Glad you mentioned it will be loud, I'll have to check out some YouTube vids. I have two small children and I live in a quiet neighborhood, I don't want to make too much noise.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by e_kobz
I plan on doing a install post where I'll be swapping my intercooler, 02 housing, and upper intercooler pipe. Just need to find the time to do it. I currently have a Nisei LICP on the car, I'm gonna run with it and see if the new 02 dump works with it. If it doesn't I'll have to order the Muse LICP. Do you ever roll out to the pavs in Scottsdale on Saturday nights?!
I am running the Nisei LICP and it fits fine.. My Muse stock route UICP definitely as fitment issues with my Nisei Intercooler
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [GBU]Moon
Glad you mentioned it will be loud, I'll have to check out some YouTube vids. I have two small children and I live in a quiet neighborhood, I don't want to make too much noise.
In regards to performance and gains there is a increase in hp and tq due to the decrease in back pressure on the turbine wheel. Yes it is louder than a recirculated 02 housing, but that's only under WOT. Daily driving it's barely louder.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by e_kobz
In regards to performance and gains there is a increase in hp and tq due to the decrease in back pressure on the turbine wheel. Yes it is louder than a recirculated 02 housing, but that's only under WOT. Daily driving it's barely louder.
Yeah, just watched a YouTube vid on the topic, I'm on board.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by [GBU]Moon
Yeah, just watched a YouTube vid on the topic, I'm on board.
It is hands down my favorite mod I've ever done. I highly recommend it, and for the price it's hard to beat. Muse 02 Dump FTW!

Last edited by e_kobz; Apr 14, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Ordered this from Tiago and VRSF last week. Once again great communication and fast shipping. Gonna swap out my current Niesi LICP for this stainless steel Muse LICP. Thanks again Tiago, VRSF, and Muse.

Old Apr 25, 2014, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice piece good luck with the install.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Nice piece good luck with the install.
Already on the car