Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

VRSF, Muse 02 dump, and Muse UICP review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
VRSF, Muse 02 dump, and Muse UICP review

Last week I decided to pull the trigger on a couple parts for my Evo IX that I've had my eye on for a little while. The Muse 02 dump and the Muse short route UICP. I ordered them from Tiago at VR Speed Factory. Before ordering both products I had some questions regarding both parts and emailed Tiago. His responses came quick and were very informative in relation to my questions. I ordered both parts Friday of last week, March 21. Within an hour of ordering I had a confirmation email with my tracking number, and a few hours following that I checked my tracking number via Fedex and saw that my products were already shipped and the arrival was scheduled for Friday, March 28. I was pleased and very impressed by this. Ordering a product and having it shipped in the same day is phenominal costomer service. Fast forward to today Thurday, March 27. I am sitting at home relaxing and the door bell rings. I go to the door to see the Fedex truck driving away and 2 white boxes at my door. I take them inside and open up and find everything individually wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in thick plastic bags. Once again blown away by the customer service.

So in conclusion I say thank you Tiago for the amazing customer service and the fast and informative communication. I was very impressed. I will definitely buying from VRSF again.

Old Mar 27, 2014, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice my homie bought there o2 worth the money he saids
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rhd-jon
nice my homie bought there o2 worth the money he saids
Good to hear. A lot of my buddies who have Evo's also run the Muse 02 housing. I can't wait to put it on and see, feel, and hear the difference
Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too have a Muse o2 dump from VRSF, great customer service. I bought the part used and emailed them in reference to a gasket, I had an email response with more than enough information within no time! How much did you get the UICP for if you don't mind me asking?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

I got mine for 155 shipped
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:32 AM

That O2 dump looks amazing! Post pictures of the install if you can/ review.

My only concern is about having it clear my lower ETS IC piping, but apparently it should not be an issue.

I am about to pull the trigger on this myself, but might wait a week or two (thanks to the purchase of my COP setup) Nice to see you are local also

Last edited by Oxford; Mar 28, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oxford
That O2 dump looks amazing! Post pictures of the install if you can/ review.

My only concern is about having it clear my lower ETS IC piping, but apparently it should not be an issue.

I am about to pull the trigger on this myself, but might wait a week or two (thanks to the purchase of my COP setup) Nice to see you are local also
I plan on doing a install post where I'll be swapping my intercooler, 02 housing, and upper intercooler pipe. Just need to find the time to do it. I currently have a Nisei LICP on the car, I'm gonna run with it and see if the new 02 dump works with it. If it doesn't I'll have to order the Muse LICP. Do you ever roll out to the pavs in Scottsdale on Saturday nights?!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Vrsf ftw!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

All I need is for them to get the Muse mini battery tray back in stock
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
I plan on doing a install post where I'll be swapping my intercooler, 02 housing, and upper intercooler pipe. Just need to find the time to do it. I currently have a Nisei LICP on the car, I'm gonna run with it and see if the new 02 dump works with it. If it doesn't I'll have to order the Muse LICP. Do you ever roll out to the pavs in Scottsdale on Saturday nights?!
I do, I went with Morgan last time (Red RS)
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Little update. Both parts fit beautifully, not a single issue with fitment. Muse Short Route UICP clears just fine under my Perrin Intake and the 02 Housing bolted right on with out a hassle. I highly recommend either of these parts to anyone looking to run 02 dump or a Short Route UICP. Price and fitment is spot on. Thank you Tiago at VRSF and Muse.

Here's a litte before and after

Last edited by e_kobz; Apr 13, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

looks great, time to detail under the piping though! lots of dust!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
looks great, time to detail under the piping though! lots of dust!
Already done, this was the night of the install. I've since cleaned the entire engine bay
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

This was todays little project. Engine bay full detail and repaint the stock heat shield with VHT 2000 degree flame proof ceramic coating. Nice little $8.99 alternative until I pick up a Buschur heat shield. Next weekend I wanna rewrap the wiring harness. The oem plastic casing looks horrible and cheap.

Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Looking a lot better! Start looking into the wire-tuck how to. Re-routing the throttle cable to the back makes the bay look a lot better, and it doesn't cost anything to do! I do have a question for you, did you have any trouble installing your UICP, like did it rub on your ACD at all?

Quick Reply: VRSF, Muse 02 dump, and Muse UICP review