Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help!! evo isnt runnning right :/

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Unhappy Help!! evo isnt runnning right :/

Hey everyone my Evo VIII decided it wanted to stop working over the weekend. I left from thursday to sunday so it sat the whole time didnt run once but was fine when I left it. now It was all sorts of issues.. It is running sluggish..not good throttle response but still goes inot boost fine ite more the low end. (thinking i need new plugs). but My ACD lights came on after driving it a little bit and will not go off..full fluid and just had the filter replaced by STM 3 months ago. Neither of my HIDs will turn on and stay on so i have to run my fogs for lights. On occasion the passenger one will come on and stay on but driver has nothing going on. I checked my terminal connections negative was loose so i tightened it..no difference. And my water temp gauge has stopped reading at all.. Still gets power just not functioning. Idk where to begin with this and its extremely frustrating.

If anyone has any input on troubleshooting this please helpppppp!!!????
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Check the connectors in drivers kick panel. Chances are it's time to get out the soldering iron.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-how-fix.html
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I remember when this issue first came up. I pulled the kick plate and found all those white wiring blocks still looking pristine and gave a sigh of relief. But, I still doped evey thing up as best I could.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Seems like ill need to have someone who knows how to do that look at it..I hate dealing with electrical problems! could that be cause the ACD to be all glitchy too?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

So it turned out to be a loose battery terminal on the negative side was loose...i tightened it..withing a day the ACD stopped throwing faults and both HIDs started working properly and the water temp gauge wire that goes into the thermostate lifted out so i need to somehow shimmy it back in so it will start reading again!!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the thermostat housing there are two sensors. The one in the front is for your gauge and the one in the back is for ecu temp readings. The wire just plugs onto the one in the front for your gauge so I don't understand how it could "come out". If the connector is messed up you could just strip the wire a little and put a new connector on the end of it and plug it back on to the tip of the sensor.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Ill try that..and scratch what i said about it being fine...ACD is still fine but HID's are still not working right...they come on stay on for a little bit then one will go out then the other and they will both stay off :/ so frustrating