Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help with front fenders on Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with front fenders on Evo 9

The car is headed into the body shop tomorrow (can and will be delayed if certain parts aren't in) but while it's in there for paint I'd like to knock out as many parts/pieces/projects as possible.

Currently looking to fit 18x9.5 +22 wheels with 265/35/18 Pilot Super Sports. I believe I can do this already with a roll in the rear and bumper bolt relocation. But I would like to run as little negative camber as possible and have the option to maybe go to a 275 on the next set of tires.

The rears are currently rolled flat and the bolt will be done by the body shop (I know it can be a DIY, but it'll be there, so they can get it done).

Should I stick with stock front fenders or have them shave the lip down? Roll the lip? Leave it alone?

Should I look at the B-Magic/AIT +35mm fenders? (fitment reviews seem terrible, but again it'll be in the body shop).

Should I stop worrying about all of this and just leave it alone?

I've searched but can't sift through all of the variables, I want them to fit, meaning full use of my suspension (Revalved Bilsteins on Swift Spec-R's and Camber plates).

Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

If it helps. I run a 18x9 +30 with a 10mm spacer. So it's now +20. Also have a 265/35/18 Toyo R888s. I haven't rolled the front fenders, but I run some mean camber. 2.8 I believe. I figure if I roll it I can actually lose a full degree.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't just disregard this post.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:51 PM

What suspension are you using and ride height?

Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

I'm on stance GR+ Pro coilovers. And as far as ride height I don't know. With rough(I mean rough) the front I can fit one finger in. And when I hit hard/deep dips or bumps I run on my liner. Full lock left and right I rub the liner as well.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:28 PM

Yeah I'd like to not rub like that, I guess I'll just wing it and fix it as it goes. For all of the experienced people on this site, all I can ever find is conjecture and bashing (by no means implying you!).

Thanks for all of the help and I'll give an update once it's all done.