Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Auto IC sprayer not working!! Used to switch maps. Please help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto IC sprayer not working!! Used to switch maps. Please help ASAP

Ok so I just sold my car and the guy is picking it up in 4 days. But of course when I tried showing him how to switch maps the IC sprayer Auto button doesn't light up the icon on the dash. This button was setup by my tuner to switch maps. Now he wants me to get this fixed before pick up. The manual side works. It sprays fine but the auto side doesn't light up the icon or switch the maps like it's suppose to. Can anyone please shed light on this as I need to get this fixed ASAP. I have A LOT riding on getting this car sold.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Under "Tephra mod options" in ECU Flash, change the map switching from Auto ICS (2) to TPS (3) and save it. Then you can switch maps by turning the ignition to the on position and hitting the gas pedal to make the switch.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

I'd really rather not mess with any of the settings.
My tuner is not responding. I just don't understand why the Auto feature of the IC sprayer would just stop working. I bypassed the switch itself to make sure it was t that by jumping out the connection points. And the manual mode kicked in but auto didn't
Old Apr 21, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

But if I have to resort to that gas ideal option do u have to hold down the gas pedal or just tap it?
Also that will switch maps no matter how it was previously setup correct? And then I'll have to reflash that new setting in correct? Will that clear out my existing rom? Cause I don't even know where my Roma are at this point.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

You hold the pedal down while the key is in the on position and it will blink your SES light. Fast for one map slow for the other.