Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The hunt for an Evo begins...advice?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Hopefully I'll have my Civic paid off by the end of the Summer. An Evo 9 has always been my obtainable dream car.
Old May 15, 2014, 01:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I daily'd my IX for two years before I was lucky enough to get a second car. It's doable to daily if you don't mind worrying about the car all the time or the higher gas bill and maintenance.

Originally Posted by nemsin
Lots of people return their evos to "stock" when they sell them. Just because it appears stock, doesn't mean it didnt have a bunch of bolt ons and 30psi on it a week ago.

Either buy a very low mileage evo, or just expect to have to fix some stuff.
Words of wisdom right here. A 'stock' car is NOT the same as 'never modified', be sure to ask the seller which it is.

Once you think you've found the "one", be sure to take it to a shop of your choosing to have it inspected, a compression test AND a leakdown test performed on the vehicle.

You will be excited, but remember to pause for a moment and take a good look at the car. Look at the bolts where most bolt-ons go. Do they have marring from being hit with a ratchet/wrench? Can you see places where the OEM paint has been chipped or worn away by tools? Spending a few minutes looking closely and paying attention to detail might save you from getting a lemon in disguise.