Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Epic "build"

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
yaya, with that much heat it was probably the wrong size (too tight) bearing in there and it cooked before it spun it.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ya its pretty toasted, as to how long it knocked it was less time then it took for you to read all of the posts here actually as soon as he heard it the car was off and coasting on the side of the freeway. Reguardless after they tore the motor down they found out that they also "deleted" the oil squirters so basically get to start over with brand new everything so should be nice when its all said and done
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:41 AM
Account Disabled

awesome pistons

Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:46 AM
Account Disabled

Picture of the different sized pistons that came out of the block, on top of them being different sizes they were also different weights and ya just overall not impressed. And also found out that they removed the oil low level sensor and tapped the hole for something but instead of inserting anything in there they stuck a random001 bolt in there and went about their business. Actually got the car intime to take it to MOD, mechanic worked overnight to get it ready by 0939 in the morning and has been great since returned.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looooooooool, i never see something like this! Sorry for you bro :/
Old Jul 16, 2014, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the shop, this level of terrible work needs to have a name put on it so this doesn't happen to someone else. This is the same type thing as Forge Performance in GA. I was this close to calling them to do some work for me until I was pointed in the direction of some threads detailing some of their shoddy work. Put a name to the shop and if that shop has an account on here, allow them due time to respond and explain their side of it. Without doing this, others potentially could get burnt, no pun intended.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:13 AM
Account Disabled

As much as i want to put them on blast i would rather go the route i have and if someone wants to know they can PM me. That being said the car was back on the road saturday ( Adan at AQ motorsports worked all night to get it ready for MOD) and it is almost 500 miles into the break in at which point the HKS ecu is getting switched out for a AEM v2 with Flex fuel setup and then going to get tuned for the rest of the break in period.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough