Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Engine help, please!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kliped
read through the thread i posted, post number 7 might help you
you need to force oil into the pump then your best bet would be to take the timing cover off and put a drill onto the oil pump. if you dont want to do that, you might be able to get away with just cranking the car with the fuel pump diconnected until you get oil coming out of the turbo oil feed line. reattach the oil line and crank some more so that your turbo gets some oil too.
ok I will try that tomorrow and see if it works thank you very much I appreciate it alot. I will let you know
Old May 12, 2014, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by briantorres1991
ok I will try that tomorrow and see if it works thank you very much I appreciate it alot. I will let you know
no problem, had a similar issue on a 2g talon that i had built. i even packed the oil pump and everything, but no matter how long i had my drill on it, it would not prime, finally i forced some oil into the pump from one of the ports and it finally started pumping.
Old May 13, 2014, 05:33 PM

update!

ok so I did this procedure and pump oil through a fitting manually and that work wonders now the car starts and im getting real good oil pressure. The problem now is that the boost gauge marks -10 and wont move and the car is running really ruff and wont stay at idle you have to keep giving it gas. thanks for the help everyone
Old May 13, 2014, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

read through the thread i posted, post number 7 might help you
you need to force oil into the pump then your best bet would be to take the timing cover off and put a drill onto the oil pump. if you dont want to do that, you might be able to get away with just cranking the car with the fuel pump diconnected until you get oil coming out of the turbo oil feed line. reattach the oil line and crank some more so that your turbo gets some oil too.
It is recommended against cranking the motor with the ignition or fuel cut to prime the pump.
Old May 13, 2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dsm nexus
It is recommended against cranking the motor with the ignition or fuel cut to prime the pump.

exactly wat I did I pulled out the spark plug wires and pull the injectors now the car is running with good oil pressure but boost gauge wont work and is running ruff..the gauge is a defi boost gauge and I never had a problem with it
Old May 13, 2014, 07:14 PM

ummm...please elaborate? why is it recommended against?
Old May 13, 2014, 07:24 PM

ok so I did this procedure and pump oil through a fitting manually and that work wonders now the car starts and im getting real good oil pressure. The problem now is that the boost gauge marks -10 and wont move and the car is running really ruff and wont stay at idle you have to keep giving it gas. thanks for the help everyone
look for a big vacuum leak, possibly the brake booster line. if you think everything looks fine, do a boost leak test. any codes? double check all your wires and connections
Old May 14, 2014, 02:10 AM

look for a big vacuum leak, possibly the brake booster line. if you think everything looks fine, do a boost leak test. any codes? double check all your wires and connections
ok no codes as of now I'll double check all the lines. thank you
Old May 14, 2014, 06:39 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Make sure you didnt put the cam angle sensor on 180 degrees off. I did that and the engine would barely run until i fixed it.
Old May 14, 2014, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Make sure you didnt put the cam angle sensor on 180 degrees off. I did that and the engine would barely run until i fixed it.
thanks biggie I will try that when I get back from work. I really do think theres a serious vaccum leak somewhere because I get-10 on my boost gauge and I accelerate the car and nothing it wont move and theres a big hissing noise coming from the engine. but I appreciate it the tip ill look at that also. thank you
Old May 14, 2014, 06:05 PM

update again!!!

ok the oil pressure gauge keeps marking 0psi and it goes up to 2 psi but I took out the oil line to the turbo and boy was there pressure!...so now the car misfires like crazy and wont let me drive pass 3k rpms I need to break in the car but I can't how is acting up thanks everyone for the feedback.
Old May 14, 2014, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

ummm...please elaborate? why is it recommended against?
Buschur made an elaborate post on it, hate to say it but search.
Old May 14, 2014, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

ok the oil pressure gauge keeps marking 0psi and it goes up to 2 psi but I took out the oil line to the turbo and boy was there pressure!...so now the car misfires like crazy and wont let me drive pass 3k rpms I need to break in the car but I can't how is acting up thanks everyone for the feedback.
How did you remove the line? This sounds a bit confusing.
Old May 15, 2014, 02:16 AM

How did you remove the line? This sounds a bit confusing.
sorry to confuse you, I took out the bolt that holds the turbo oil feed line where the cylinder head is. I have a map ef2.5 turbo. hopes that help, the big problem right now is the misfing like crazy. thanks
Old May 15, 2014, 12:21 PM

Buschur made an elaborate post on it, hate to say it but search.
did a quick search and the only thing i found is him saying not to do it, but doesnt say why...i really dont see the harm in cranking the engine to distribute oil through out the entire engine, i would rather crank the engine and prime the system knowing damn well that i am getting oil to everything rather than take the chance of the oil pump cavitating and not pumping at all, just like what happened to the OP. would you take the risk of your turbo spinning at 10-20k rpms with out any oil?

if you can find a more elaborate post, explaining exactly why its bad, please feel free to inform me.

Quick Reply: Engine help, please!