Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo FS - Honest opinions appreciated...

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
23k isnt bad if all legit. he spent alot of money on his list of mods. and stock go for 18k -20k here in cali. just saying. let us know if you grab it.
Old May 15, 2014, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless I misunderstand something: all else equal, a stock Evo usually sells for more than w modified example.
Old May 15, 2014, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by mrowka
Unless I misunderstand something: all else equal, a stock Evo usually sells for more than w modified example.
Its because people want to believe the car they are buying has never been modded Living the dream.
Old May 15, 2014, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
Its because people want to believe the car they are buying has never been modded Living the dream.
There are people who don't modify or go beyond very minor bolt-ons. I'm proud to say I just have a intake/exhaust, Walbro and Blox front motor mount performance-wise. And if I ever sell it, I can proudly say it's never been modified back to stock.
Old May 15, 2014, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by wacboyjulian
There are people who don't modify or go beyond very minor bolt-ons. I'm proud to say I just have a intake/exhaust, Walbro and Blox front motor mount performance-wise. And if I ever sell it, I can proudly say it's never been modified back to stock.
And a tune I assume? Also, why the Walbro, stock fuel pump should be more than enough for your power level. If you are the original owner and have kept the mods to a minimum, then you are very much in the minority.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:20 AM

looks clean, price is abit steep imo
Old May 16, 2014, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
And a tune I assume? Also, why the Walbro, stock fuel pump should be more than enough for your power level. If you are the original owner and have kept the mods to a minimum, then you are very much in the minority.
I bought it as the third owner.

First owner added exhaust/suction intake (30k miles on it), second owner added underhood/shifter bushings and Tephra v7 (52k miles on it), and I added the front motor mount for shifting and the Walbro for peace of mind. It was tuned once before but I'm planning on tuning it again to get the most out of the Walbro.

But I COMPLETELY understand why people mod this beast. It's hard to resist. I specifically looked for a stock/stockish Evo 9 when I was hunting for one.

Last edited by wacboyjulian; May 16, 2014 at 02:33 PM.