Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

shady evo seller?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shady evo seller?

so a few days ago i message a private seller with questions about his evo viii( he lives in the states and I'm in canada) and he was very hesitant about giving info away.
he told me "that it was hard to distinguish real from fake as there are fake adds and don't feel comfortable giving car info out"

i told him i just wanted to ask if the car is in good condition, any mods, maintenance etc.

AND THEN HE SAID "how do i know your legit from canada?" LIKE WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

we then proceeded to carry on and finally gave me some info and i asked if he would be ok taking it to English racing for an inspection if we do come to an agreement, he never texted back and its been a day… HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN EMAIL.

all i want to know from you guys is if you think he is shady and hiding something?
thanks
Old May 29, 2014, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

If he doesnt want to sell it, dont waste your time
Old May 29, 2014, 11:25 PM

Move on with your search bro. If the seller is hesitant on giving you any info on the car, most likely he's hiding something.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shrtstuff89
If he doesnt want to sell it, dont waste your time
ms32evoixmr Move on with your search bro. If the seller is hesitant on giving you any info on the car, most likely he's hiding something.

Make sure you wait and find the right one, you want a winner!
Old May 30, 2014, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the market right now also, and I've had to deal with two people like that in the last few weeks. Best bet is to just move on and not waist your frustration and time.
Old May 30, 2014, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this real life?
Old May 30, 2014, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_kid97
so a few days ago i message a private seller with questions about his evo viii( he lives in the states and I'm in canada) and he was very hesitant about giving info away.
he told me "that it was hard to distinguish real from fake as there are fake adds and don't feel comfortable giving car info out"

i told him i just wanted to ask if the car is in good condition, any mods, maintenance etc.

AND THEN HE SAID "how do i know your legit from canada?" LIKE WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

we then proceeded to carry on and finally gave me some info and i asked if he would be ok taking it to English racing for an inspection if we do come to an agreement, he never texted back and its been a day… HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN EMAIL.

all i want to know from you guys is if you think he is shady and hiding something?
thanks

As you hang around this forum longer you will see that the For Sale sections are littered with shady people, unfortunately. Cover your A@@ when buying or selling here. You just experienced one of those shady folks. Like everyone has been telling you, move on and don't waste time with this one any more.
Old May 30, 2014, 07:22 AM

thanks for the tips guys!
Old May 30, 2014, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
if you get a license plate from any pictures just send it to english and they can tell you about the car if it's ever been there
Old May 30, 2014, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

I think were talking about the same Evo thats for sale. I could check the car out for you.. I was thinking about getting it myself, but I won't be able to check it out till next weekend.

He probably is getting hit up by fake ads, dealers, and if someone from Canada was asking about the car I'd be weary too.

I PM'd you yesterday, not sure if you got it, but hit me up there.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
I think were talking about the same Evo thats for sale. I could check the car out for you.. I was thinking about getting it myself, but I won't be able to check it out till next weekend.

He probably is getting hit up by fake ads, dealers, and if someone from Canada was asking about the car I'd be weary too.

I PM'd you yesterday, not sure if you got it, but hit me up there.
yea i just PM you.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
as a car seller in the past and currently looking to sell, its very tough to distinguish against flakers, tire kickers, people who want info of what mods you have so they can come by later and steal it from real potential buyers and real time wasters.

u gotta understand if your a real buyer, you would contact and come see it. that act really puts you on the potential buyer list.
i've had tons of emails, people texting for more pics only so they know what i have. then tell me they want to finance and pay 100/month.
since ur in canada, its going to be tough either way, best advice is to find something local.
everyone shops for a good deal, so just keep shopping and dont rush.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Think about it through his perspective. Your trying to buy from another country. He's going to be weary of everyone. I know I am when I'm selling something. I trust NOBODY and live in a shady area. There's a reason people choose to carry a weapon at all times.
Old May 30, 2014, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sujinX
as a car seller in the past and currently looking to sell, its very tough to distinguish against flakers, tire kickers, people who want info of what mods you have so they can come by later and steal it from real potential buyers and real time wasters.

u gotta understand if your a real buyer, you would contact and come see it. that act really puts you on the potential buyer list.
i've had tons of emails, people texting for more pics only so they know what i have. then tell me they want to finance and pay 100/month.
since ur in canada, its going to be tough either way, best advice is to find something local.
everyone shops for a good deal, so just keep shopping and dont rush.
Yea that makes complete sense but the way he was talking about the car indicated to me he didn't really know what was under his hood. I asked him about the BOV clearly shown in the ad pic. But he seemed not to know what I was talking about. Just seemed weird to me
Old May 31, 2014, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
always shady people in the game, you probably don't want his car anyways.

Quick Reply: shady evo seller?