Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Introduction

Hello everyone finally decided to join this forum and get in on some chats with everyone. Been on this site many of times when researching my evo since I picked up my 06 Evo MR last september. Found many useful tips, tricks and just about everything else on here.

I also wanted to get on here and get some opinions from everyone on my cars HP numbers. I just recently did some work to it and disappointed with my results I was hope for better numbers.

Mods list
Buschur stage 3 head
GSC S2 cams
Tomei turbo
ToxicFab Exhaust manifold
Muse O2 Dump
Buschur fuel rail
Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
FIC 1100cc Injectors
Injen intercooler pipes
Hallman pro manual boost controller
Greddy FV BOV
Stock intake manifold
Stock throttle body
stock intercooler

The tuner said the best he could do with my car was 346hp and 317tq at 25psi.

Now if im just aspecting to much out of my car please set me straight but I was hoping closer to the 400 mark, probably little under. but I was sure I have more than 350 sittin under my hood.

But glad to finally join here, and thanks for any and all opinions!!!

Last edited by GearJamminMR; Jun 1, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which tuner are you going to? The numbers should be what you're expecting. You may have restrictions on the intercooler and licp if you aren't running one already.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Your numbers do seem low. As mentioned are on you on stock ic piping? Def upgrade that fmic.
Im on a 20g ix turbo with stock cams at 20lbs of boost makibg 360/350 so id expect more from your setup.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:21 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Welcome to the party! Throw some corn juice in the mix and you will get those numbers your after.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:44 PM

The intercooler itself is stock but it has a complete INJEN INTERCOOLER KIT stock route piping. Yeah been seeing a lot of evos without a head and cam package but everything else similar making just as much or more power than mine did and sure doesn't seem right. I am limited to who I take my car to, there is only 1 shop within a 2 hour drive that can dyno tune all wheel drive vehicles.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:13 PM
Evolving Member

Youre in kansas, theres plenty of corn, take advantage of it
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I would add that different dyno's will give you different numbers. Its not an apples to apples comparison. Numbers from a mustang dyno will usually be conservative vs a dynojet.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:41 AM

Sounds like it might be an issue with the tune as well. How reputable is the shop you go to, are they familiar with tuning EVO's or just an AWD tuning shop. When I take my car, I will drive a good distance to get to a good EVO tuner that knows what he is doing. For example my car was tuned by a Joe Shmoe AWD tuner that didn't really know EVO's very well. My car made about 250hp 237tq, can't remember if it was a dynojet or mustang. After awhile I did some research and realized I should be making a lot more power comparative to my mods. I found a good shop familiar with EVO's and made 295hp 278tq on a mustang dyno. The tuner told me his mustang dyno read about 14% lower than a dynojet which is the industry standard. So in all actuality I was pushing almost 340hp.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 05:09 AM

I have no idea what dyno the tuner has and I suppose that could be my issue maybe his reads low. If it is approx 14% low then it would be numbers I would be happy with. Thanks for the welcome and I am considering going with the corn mix but in my city only maybe 2 stations sell it and neither are convenient to where I live so maybe but not sure yet!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

welcome to the low number club bro, I am personally more worried about track times than dyno numbers. and go E85 you will make alot more power.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 08:37 AM

Like posts #6 and #10 e85 is the answer. I don't have half the mods you have and I'm at 400whp 380ftlbs dynojet stock turbo 28psi .you have the mods to run it why not take advantage of it?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by WilliSSoiLL
Like posts #6 and #10 e85 is the answer. I don't have half the mods you have and I'm at 400whp 380ftlbs dynojet stock turbo 28psi .you have the mods to run it why not take advantage of it?
You on E85? Mind telling what mods you have?

I have considered going that route, but just not a very convenient fuel source here in my town. Stations that have it are other side of town from home and work. Then have to plan out trips more and would be a good idea to carry 5 gal can of it when traveling also. But is still on my mind for future tune.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Let this be your daily drive around town tune and get an alternate map done on E85 for "spirited driving" w/ a FMIC upgrade. Buschur, AMS, ETS all have Garrett core FMIC options that would probably help, stay away from the cheap Ebay stuff.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 08:43 AM

I just got another beater car that going to become the daily driver so E85 is more likely now, will still keep my gas tune, like you said to have both. And yes been looking into a ETS or AMS intercooler.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=GearJamminMR;11224335]You on E85? Mind telling what mods you have?

I have considered going that route, but just not a very convenient fuel source here in my town. Stations that have it are other side of town from home and work. Then have to plan out trips more and would be a good idea to carry 5 gal can of it when traveling also. But is still on my mind for future

.megan full turbo back exhaust, megan o2 housing, injen intake with intercooler piping, fic 1100cc injectors, 255 walbaro, hallman mbc.stock intercooler, stock tb, stock intake, stock exhaust manifold, stock head, stock cams, stock turbo.

Last edited by WilliSSoiLL; Jun 4, 2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: mistake

Quick Reply: Introduction