Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need help on injectors selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 09:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wowzers
question for ya,

can you list the cons & pros of Low Vs High Impedance?

and best for mild bolt on minds?
I just responded to the other thread if you want to check out a quick comparison: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...injectors.html

As for which is better for you, it depends a bit on your setup but if its a DSM or Evo 8/9 with just a handful of bolt ons on pump gas then you would probably be able to stick with a smaller low impedance injector which shoudl work great for you. Once yo get up past 1000cc we usually look at the high impedance options as well.

Originally Posted by 00ASIAN
With my 1450 low impedence injectors and my current set up I'm making 447 who with 382 ft-lb of torque. Every time I'm in neutral I almost always cut out and my engine stalls. Is there anyway to remedy this without buying high impedence Injectors? This is my first evo and unfortunately I'm learning things the hard way.
As someone already said this should be possible to resolve via tuning. This is a more challenging area to tune but with a capable EMS and competent tuner your car should not have any issues stalling.

Originally Posted by TommiM
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...injectors.html

Good info here, answered all my questions on the subject.
Thanks for pointing that out, I replied to that thread as well to add some info.