Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help Me Choose A Best Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
John B is "no one"? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-s362-fmw.html

You cant argue with 25psi @4500rpm 1.00ar 2.0l, that's as fast as a 6266BB.

These are used a lot on OEM diesels so they will last forever(like a Holset).
Since they are mass produced the price is naturally lower.
Try to keep an open mind on new products.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2winscroll
Be a leader not a follower Borg Warner s300SX3-60 is the best turbo for the money! with the money you save on the turbo you can buy a twinscroll header. I recommend .91ar for E85, or 1.00ar for gas. More air than a GT3582R, and faster spool than a HX40. FP black not even close. They all have Inconel turbine, 4340 shaft, these turbos are awesome quality not sure why more people are not using them. cant go wrong with this turbo.
bro i wont go with something that i never see this Borg Warner turbo until now after you mentioned so i am not going with that brand i am sticking with FP Red for now
Old Jul 12, 2014, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2winscroll
John B is "no one"? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-s362-fmw.html

You cant argue with 25psi @4500rpm 1.00ar 2.0l, that's as fast as a 6266BB.

These are used a lot on OEM diesels so they will last forever(like a Holset).
Since they are mass produced the price is naturally lower.
Try to keep an open mind on new products.
Maybe my post came out wrong. I'm not talking apbad about those turbos at all, I'm familiar with them, and for $800 you're not hurting much. They are just not really used in the evo community so people tend to stick to what works and has been proven for our platform
Old Jul 12, 2014, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

I never heard about it.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone is gonna have their own opinion on what to get. Its still your choice, if you didnt have the 600hp goal then I would of said yes on the red, I say go with a t3 set-up like a 6266 or at least a 3582. Whats going to happen is you will get the red...then build the bottom end, and that turbo is going to run out up top. So a small overworked turbo or big turbo that will love that built bottom end. But again its your call.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Some of you have never heard of a Borg Warner turbo before? I would have gotten one of those before an FP turbo. They are nicely made turbo. This proven stuff is hogwash you're spending 2499 on a turbo because of the name granted FP has good customer service. Why not try something different you're not building your block anyways so give it a shot you could love it!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hiner005
Some of you have never heard of a Borg Warner turbo before? I would have gotten one of those before an FP turbo. They are nicely made turbo. This proven stuff is hogwash you're spending 2499 on a turbo because of the name granted FP has good customer service. Why not try something different you're not building your block anyways so give it a shot you could love it!
I wouldn't buy a precision turbo. I would buy a Borg Warner before one aswell. I just like precision.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 01:32 AM

Im shooting for close to 550hp with my stock bottom end. I have a ETS t4 twinscroll 6266 kit. Buschur double pump 2150cc injectors. my head is built tho. It should be at the shop next weekend getting tuned I will post my results maybe it will help you out.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hiner005
mate, borgwarner is most likely superior to the FP.

The FP don't even produce ball-bearing anymore… and do not have any twin-scroll options.

where some borgwarner have both.

i opened a thread before that people aren't really interested in…

Not that i am knocking the brand… i don't have a problem.

It just turns out:

everyone says "FP FTW" = its turns to Gospel….. and ends up as the; Bible for EVO owners.

Last edited by wowzers; Jul 17, 2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aquaMan219
Im shooting for close to 550hp with my stock bottom end. I have a ETS t4 twinscroll 6266 kit. Buschur double pump 2150cc injectors. my head is built tho. It should be at the shop next weekend getting tuned I will post my results maybe it will help you out.
ok keep me posted like to see what you get
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My suggestion to you instead of asking for peoples opinion would be take a walk through the dyno forum's and read up there. There are plenty of cars there on stock block making power and it would behoove you to take a look at their dyno plot and see which turbo is going to come close to your goals and possibly leave room up top.

Do your due dillagance now before you pay for it later, that way your not going to be disaapointed with your results/broke *** car.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by illusin
My suggestion to you instead of asking for peoples opinion would be take a walk through the dyno forum's and read up there. There are plenty of cars there on stock block making power and it would behoove you to take a look at their dyno plot and see which turbo is going to come close to your goals and possibly leave room up top.

Do your due dillagance now before you pay for it later, that way your not going to be disaapointed with your results/broke *** car.
I second this. XXXhp is not the same across all platforms. Determine if the driving style you're going to be doing requires power in the low-mid range or if you need something in the middle or do you need a nice linear curve where you're making power the whole way through, etc. My turbo sucks at launch because of the lag and it doesn't really open up until about 4k rpm's. But then again it's nice on the street because I can cruise and easily stay out of boost and then if I merge onto the highway there's lots of meat up top to drive "spirited" as it were, so it suits me and my driving style.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oscarquinones
I never heard about it.
Really? For one, they are an American company, so there's that. Secondly, they helped develop the technology behind the turbo in the 2007 Porsche 911 turbo. They are the turbo supplier for Peugeot, Ford, Renault, and Volkswagen.They are a Fortune 500 company which is a pretty big deal, etc etc. They may not have a big name so to speak in the performance auto world and aren't going to show up on lancershop.com or ETS or AMS, etc, but they are a quality company and not something to scoff at.