Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

For those with a SS clutch line

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ_evoIXgsr
Since no one else has been able to put feedback on half SS line, I'll give you my own. I purchased my vehicle which had a half SS line installed. After X months I lost my "clutch" due to stress at the midway point and it started leaking. The hardline also had a hairline crack so that was replaced as well.

My car was a DD and needed it back a.s.a.p so the shop I went to had an extra half SS available so I didn't go full length. I have one in my possession now and will swap it out next time it fails or when I start my tare down for next years setup.

I would say go with the obvious full length to reduce risk of hairline cracks that are prevelant in the oem setup and reduce any chance of my failures onto anyone else!
Thanks for your input. Seems like everybody goes for the full length, nice to hear from someone with just the upper. Just out of curiosity, how many miles on the stock line before it developed cracks? Do you have aftermarket motor mounts?