Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sales price for Evo 8 long block w/spun rod bearing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sales price for Evo 8 long block w/spun rod bearing?

I have a longblock sitting in my garage with a spun rod bearing in my garage. It came out of an 05 with 79k miles. The car was still able to move under it's own power. I pulled it over as soon as the oil light came on and spec-ops gave me the diagnosis. It had just had a timing service + all other maintenance 90 miles, so all maintenance had been up-to-date. I bought a functional 05 long block with 50k miles and I'm in the process of installing that one.

How much should I sell the old one for?

How do you ship a long block?

What else would a potential buyer want to know?

Thanks for any advise. I really don't want this thing sitting in my garage any longer then it has too!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM me where you are located in NC, I am in jacksonville and might be interested in doing a local pickup for the right price
Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

From what I understand, I would need to use Styrofoam and wrap the block. Do I use a freight carrier?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

I usually used Freight and I actually got it from a website called "uship.com" where you can get different quotes, so shipping the engine whole long block from NY to IL was around $280.

What you need to do is find a pallet ($2 local hardware stores sell them), place it on there, strap it with some Home Depot $10 straps, make sure all the fluids are drained, I also wrapped it in plastic, schedule a pickup (whether you need a truck with lift gate or not), it'll usually come with the manifest where it's going as you scheduled it with the Freight company.

How much you want for it? I maybe interested

Last edited by bbong; Jul 15, 2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:52 AM

I'm in the same exact boat as the OP. In for pricing!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

This is what I was looking for.

Pricing for the engine? What I know is that I paid $2700 for a working long block. I was planning on pulling off the accessories and selling those separate. I figure I'll keep the head and short block together. Right now, I'm guessing it's value is $1000 which would break down to $700 for the head and $300 for the short block plus shipping.

Peanut gallery feel free to sharp shoot me. I guess I'm almost ready to do a real for sale thread.

Originally Posted by bbong
I usually used Freight and I actually got it from a website called "uship.com" where you can get different quotes, so shipping the engine whole long block from NY to IL was around $280.

What you need to do is find a pallet ($2 local hardware stores sell them), place it on there, strap it with some Home Depot $10 straps, make sure all the fluids are drained, I also wrapped it in plastic, schedule a pickup (whether you need a truck with lift gate or not), it'll usually come with the manifest where it's going as you scheduled it with the Freight company.

How much you want for it? I maybe interested