Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need advice!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice!

I recently fishtailed and hoped my car onto the side of a freeway on ramp into the dirt. Since then I have this metal scrapping noise that comes from the tranny. When shifting it still goes into gear relatively smoothly but when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way in it will take the metal scrapping noise away other times clutch will be engaged in gear driving and the metal scrapping noise will continue. From what I read on the forum it sounds like my thrust bearing is broken and clutch may be going out. I know I have a exedy clutch by the purple but am not sure if it is triple disk twin etc. Would you take to a shop to have them asses damages so you can order parts for existing clutch or just order a new clutch and thrustbearing and just go to shop and have them install to cut down on costs?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 00ASIAN
I recently fishtailed and hoped my car onto the side of a freeway on ramp into the dirt. Since then I have this metal scrapping noise that comes from the tranny. When shifting it still goes into gear relatively smoothly but when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way in it will take the metal scrapping noise away other times clutch will be engaged in gear driving and the metal scrapping noise will continue. From what I read on the forum it sounds like my thrust bearing is broken and clutch may be going out. I know I have a exedy clutch by the purple but am not sure if it is triple disk twin etc. Would you take to a shop to have them asses damages so you can order parts for existing clutch or just order a new clutch and thrustbearing and just go to shop and have them install to cut down on costs?
sorry to question,

why would you buy a parts that you "assume" are faulty?

I would personally take it to the shop to diagnose and quote only, first.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would take it to a shop, and stop fishtailing on the freeway. Are any of the tranny mounts broken?