Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you consider this stock

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
must be nice. im slowly working on getting my 6266 kit together.
Pure luck man. Nissan dealer had no idea what was done to this car. Hell I didn't either just rolled the dice and got lucky previous owner is in a unit I used to be in in the Army and I was able to track him down and get the spec sheet. And lucky his wife made him get rid of it haha. She about **** a brick when I pulled in the driveway, she thought he went and bought it back
Old Aug 7, 2014, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Btw do you guys know if the mr has the same stereo system found in the ssl package
Old Aug 8, 2014, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

In some ways it is hard to keep this car stock even when you are not looking to mod it. For example my stock radiator blew its top and I found a really good price on an all aluminum replacement. Then my Bilsteins blew out and decided to spend money on coilovers because I got a great deal on brand new ones from CBRD. My stock rotors wore out and could only find slotted Brembo's only. Slowly the car is being less stock from just driving it maintaining it and buying cheaper but better quality aftermarket parts.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Really to close the whole loop on the OP's original question, the answer is "No". Changing the stock tune to an aftermarket tune renders the car to a "modified" status.

To everyone else- I think we can all agree that a modified Evo doesn't necessarily render the Evo less valuable (except maybe at a dealership) and a modified Evo can command a value equal to KBB or more. Like any car, stock or modified, it all comes down to condition of the car and taste of the individual buying it. The End.