Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?

Getting my whole evo 8 redone, repainted, with new block and whole cleaning. Body is RR color.

Anyways my question here is, what colors should I paint my vlave cover, faded brakes, tranny, head, etc (Basically anything to change the exterior/engine bay look)? I was thinking of painting the tranny and brakes a copper/gold color, maybe along with the valve cover. I want to make it cool, but at the same time keep it clean.

Im keeping my stock enkeis but painting them either a semi gloss or gloss black or just going to dip them black.

Changing my headlights to evo 9 headlights and the tails will be either jdm 7 or 9, still deciding on those too. Spoiler will be an oem looking full cf spoiler.

Also i think im going to paint my fmic black cause apparently it's proven by MCM to increase performance (just slightly)

But I am a long ways from making my final decisions on everything. Any thoughts on my plans for now, and any ideas/comments on what i should do? Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2014, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Red and black goes well together.I would paint calipers and valve cover black.would leave rims alone.adding some brushed aluminum,polished or raw aluminum accents to engine bay(like spark plugs cover,coolant expansion tank,oil catch can,oil cap,etc would give nice contrast.just my 2 cents.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't paint the intercooler black. I painted my ets one black and it gets all chipped up and starts to look like trash... no bueno
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by egis
Red and black goes well together.I would paint calipers and valve cover black.would leave rims alone.adding some brushed aluminum,polished or raw aluminum accents to engine bay(like spark plugs cover,coolant expansion tank,oil catch can,oil cap,etc would give nice contrast.just my 2 cents.
Im liking the black valve cover idea. I dont know about the brakes though, shouldn't they stick out? They're brembos after all haha. And as for the wheels i have to end up painting them, they are beat up with scratches everywhere. I personally think black painted stock rims look neat, and flow well with the black/red theme. I already have tinted windows, and the car is actually lowered a bit too.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
I wouldn't paint the intercooler black. I painted my ets one black and it gets all chipped up and starts to look like trash... no bueno
Thanks for that input, i'll keep that in mind for sure.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone does red and black. Do something different that you like. I like a red/gold scheme but I'm selling mine anyways
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Red and yellow can look good. Sometimes.

Attached Thumbnails Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?-96-viper-red-yellow.jpg   Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?-red-custom-mustang-yellow-stripes.jpg   Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?-red-yellow-toy-car-photo.jpg  
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by hiner005
Everyone does red and black. Do something different that you like. I like a red/gold scheme but I'm selling mine anyways
Black on red is just the perfect choice when you have a red car. What if the outside is red body, black enkeis, and gold/copper brakes? And in the bay the valve cover will be black, spark plug cover can be one of the 3 colors (black, red or gold) , tranny can be gold/copper and intercooler piping can either be gold or the standard silver.

How does that sound?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

IMO I don't care at all what you do. It's your car and you have to live with it looking however you decide to do it. I'm saying in my own opinion the red and black scheme is so over played and there are other options but it comes down to what you like. I had this same talk with a friend and I went from black to white to gunmetal to gold to sliver rims. Gunmetal was my favorite color
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Red and black is as outplayed as murdered out. White with red also, buts it's still clean. I would do, on a red body evo, something like titanium/anthracite colored wheels...or go really different and do anodized purple/flake wheels.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

there is a RR evo with red volk TE37s and it looks so good.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Keep everything OEM color
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red and Gold.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:22 PM

Viper looks like Ronald Mcdonalds shoe. Sponsored by
Mcdonalds
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:52 AM

Anything that resembles the color of a metal. Titanium, gunmetal, anthracite, oem alloy or bronze. I would use that as your second color, then maybe some gold for the smaller pieces like nuts/bolts and lug nuts, etc.

Quick Reply: Rally Red Color Scheme ideas?