Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lean AFR's up top.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JohnBradley(Aaron), are you referring to this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...el-filter.html
Old Sep 5, 2014, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
The car behaves the same way even when its locked in open loop mode at idle and cruising btw. The car also kind of idles unsteady not in keeping with gsc s2 lope and 1000ish rpm idle. At cruise and gentle acceleration into boost it feels like the car is misfiring sporadically.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
perhaps this is a dumb question, but did you not get a retune after installing the new parts?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
perhaps this is a dumb question, but did you not get a retune after installing the new parts?
I did get a retune. My tune previous was done from ER and it was spot on! However I couldn't get time off work to go so I went with etune.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 01:47 PM
EvoM Guru

So maybe it's not a good tune? As Aaron said, could check to see if richening the fuel map fixes it.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

So maybe it's not a good tune? As Aaron said, could check to see if richening the fuel map fixes it.
Ya *fingers crossed*
Ill keep u guys posted
Old Sep 6, 2014, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Any chance there have already been a few attempts to richen the fuel map? I have been thinking the entire time that despite having replaced the pump and the sock, it's still a fuel delivery issue. The filter in the pump carrier could be clogging or for some reason the pump isn't getting good voltage.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I'm a Newbie but I like to read a lot on evolution.net about EVERYTHING! I own an Evolution 8 RS WW beat up and in need of some TLC but I drive it as my DD and repairs / upgrades are coming along.

Back to your problem though - I have read recently that there are 3 fuel pump relays in the fuel line and I would get a meter out and check them for proper voltage sounds to me like 1 or more are not working correctly and would cause your fuel pump to not add fuel correctly. Just my 2 cents on my first post ever.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Any chance there have already been a few attempts to richen the fuel map? I have been thinking the entire time that despite having replaced the pump and the sock, it's still a fuel delivery issue. The filter in the pump carrier could be clogging or for some reason the pump isn't getting good voltage.
Thanks for racking ur brain for me, I do appreciate it! I too have been stewing about this issue. So if the filter in the carrier is clogged, what are my options. Im assuming
a) buy a new carrier as I have read it is not serviceable.
b) go double pumper? lol. I heard they don't have that filter.

Originally Posted by Brian W.
Back to your problem though - I have read recently that there are 3 fuel pump relays in the fuel line and I would get a meter out and check them for proper voltage sounds to me like 1 or more are not working correctly and would cause your fuel pump to not add fuel correctly. Just my 2 cents on my first post ever.
No No, all good, any insight is valuable. I'll have to find those relays and check it out.

The 2 idea you guys have provided are very very possible. I shall look into those. I'll check back as well.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
Thanks for racking ur brain for me, I do appreciate it! I too have been stewing about this issue. So if the filter in the carrier is clogged, what are my options. Im assuming
a) buy a new carrier as I have read it is not serviceable.
b) go double pumper? lol. I heard they don't have that filter.

Correct, filter is not serviceable. Entire new housing needed. Double pumper definitely not needed for pump gas at 500 whp. Definitely check pump voltage before doing anything else.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make any progress on this?

I have an EVO9 that was running on e85 and making 450whp. I recently switched back to pump gas and wanted to bring my AFR down to match the fuel. I can't keep AFR under 12:1 from 5k on up. I even dropped the fuel map down to 8.0 which should be flooding the car with fuel. If the fuel system could keep up with the demands of E85 why can't it produces lower afrs when the demand is lessened?

For what its worth my injectors are FIC1100 HI with a walbro 255 (not punched). Help!

I have no idea how or where to measure the voltages or pressures with stock ECU and EVOScan I don't see anything.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
He got this resolved BTW. It was nothing mechanical, just the tune. Specifically the SD tables.