Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

no flex on my 3" exhaust, is that good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no flex on my 3" exhaust, is that good or bad?

I have a buschur downpipe, works test pipe and greddy TI-C catback. There is no flex section anywhere on the whole exhaust setup..
I will be taking my DP off to get o2 bung welded on so i wanted to findout for sure if i do need a flex section somewhere on my exhaust or not?
If i do i should probably look into getting a different DP. If not than im just gonna get the bung welded on to this one. I dont have any issues with exhaust or anything just heard that its best to have one.?.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black_EVO_MR
I have a buschur downpipe, works test pipe and greddy TI-C catback. There is no flex section anywhere on the whole exhaust setup..
I will be taking my DP off to get o2 bung welded on so i wanted to findout for sure if i do need a flex section somewhere on my exhaust or not?
If i do i should probably look into getting a different DP. If not than im just gonna get the bung welded on to this one. I dont have any issues with exhaust or anything just heard that its best to have one.?.
No, you will be fine without one.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most people don't have a flex. However it is a good idea to use the bolts that bolt the downpipe to the o2 housing that have the spring like it comes from the factory. This will give it the little movement it needs.