Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help, Evo throttle pulsing, can't drive

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, Evo throttle pulsing, can't drive

I just got my openport 1.3U cable today and was so excited to finally try and log.

First thing I did was plug it into my car, turned the ignition to on and just pressed the throttle in. I could hear a pump making a pulsing noise from the back of the car.
I could see values appearing on the screen so I thought cool (I was doing this for about 10 seconds).

Then I decided to start a new log, turned the car on. When I pressed the throttle it just pulsated . Like it would rev up about 500 rpm and back down, constantly, just kept pulsing; I could also hear the pump going.

I have no idea what I've done but I'm really scared I've screwed something up because I was driving the car earlier in the day and everything was fine.
Surely I can't have changed any settings in the ECU just by logging from Evoscan right?

I've noticed that same pump sound occurring sometimes when I drive so I don't know if it has something to do with that. I hear that pump sound now when I press the throttle and it is in sync with the throttle pulsing. I'm not sure what pump is making that sound, it's coming from the rear of the car.

Please help
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solved. Wiring was being pinched with my new CAI setup.