Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stolen 06 EVO IX MR Graphite Gray - Central FL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss OP. For anyone reading through this thread, the factory immobilizer is garbage and can be easily defeated. A kill switch on the fuel pump is going to be one of your better options.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also kill switch on the starter signal, and ecu power. That way that thing will never start!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:36 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by galantman03
also kill switch on the starter signal, and ecu power. That way that thing will never start!
I like where your head is at, but there are a few things to consider with those suggestions. The car is a manual so the starter is easily removed from the equation. If you put a switch on the 12v ignition signal to the ECU you are good, but you want to avoid killing the constant power to the ecu, or it will lose its learned trims every time you flip the switch.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

I don't have a clutch switch, that's why I did that, so they can't start the car. Also I removed power from the ecu so they can't bump start it. I don't just have a switch, I have an elaborate setup of relays, that remove power where I want when I want, based on other factory switch positions. I a little concerned you could say. As far as trims, I really don't care, mine isn't a daily so meh to me I guess.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:49 AM

Any luck locating it yet?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for bumping, guys!

Originally Posted by BkzProblem
Wow. Florida is getting crazy with this **** now.. Td auto werks got their entire trailor stolen recently in orlando.. Hope you get her back in one piece..
I sure hope I get her back. I also googled the stolen trailer and couldn't believe it was also stolen around the same time as mine. Stealing in broad light. That sucks so bad

Originally Posted by Sil'vr-Boi6
Will keep an eye out up here in GA. Any distinct features to look for? any special parts?
Thanks! Not really. It was stock. Had deflectors and that was it. She was very well-maintained, though.

Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
?? I don't think that time line works

Missing 8AM -9-930AM
I got home at around 1:30AM. Was still there around 3AM. One of our neighbors said he saw it around 8AM, while the other one was saying it was no longer there around 5AM. I don't really wanna rely with their timeline bec it was opposing. So, I'm sticking with my own timeline which is from 3AM-9:30AM. Sorry for the confusion, though

Originally Posted by stvn87903
Just as a helpful note, for when the OP gets his car back, I have seen people take a "burner" (one of the cheap walmart cell phones that you just buy minutes for) and install it in their dash somewhere and hard wire the charger to the car. The idea is that as long as the phone is on, minutes or not, it can be tracked so the car can be found.
Thanks. I'll try this with the other I'm considering getting Lojack, too.

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
I posted in here for you man, hope you find your car. Best bet would be to look at the South Florida craigslist, I see alot of shady stuff in there usually. They also export the cars out of miami to other countries because they don't need the title.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFLLANEVO/
Thanks, man! Will join that group. I hope it's still around Central FL. I'll be keeping my eye on craigslist S. FL

Originally Posted by RGV250
Any luck locating it yet?
No news, yet. I might call the investigator tomorrow for updates.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Man that sucks, I have the same car except silver and live in CFla too. I will keep my eyes peeled! I need to invest in some added security measures. Good luck man.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I was sitting in my car and wondering if anyone has tried using the club meant for the steering wheel and wedge it between the shifter an ebrake while leaving it in third. That way can't shift or disengage hand brake. It seemed pretty secure but I wasn't try to yank too hard either since I don't want to mess up the car
Old Oct 8, 2014, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Nothing yet. I surely will invest with added security next time. GPS locators, security cams and stuff. Not a trace of broken glass in the parking lot so no aggressive stuff happened to open the car.

I'm still in shock.. this really awful feeling. lol
Old Oct 8, 2014, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have nothing to contribute here other than I'm really sorry and that sucks. Hopefully you will get her back in one piece.

I'm afraid to let mine out of the garage overnight..
Old Oct 8, 2014, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

No alarm?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

To the op I'm sorry to hear. I really hope you find her cause I'd be really pissed! Also to all of you telling everyone basically how your security setup is that's not really a good idea. It's better if you message him personally because you never know who is watching
Old Feb 21, 2015, 05:46 PM

sucks reading this thread, i had a 2000 civic si and it got stolen so now im moving onto an evo but i cant imagine having an evo get stolen. Hope a miracle happens and you find her in one piece