Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would you do? Evo 9, 2015 Wrx, or ???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thedru13
I just went through this exercise. I have an Evo IX MR and my daily was an Audi RS4.. the quick story is the Audi developed an issue that I wasn't going to spend to fix. So was in the market for a new daily. My criteria was 4 door, 6speed, and daily drivable. Not a ton of "newer" cars out there that fit that criteria. anycase I actually ended up buying a 2015 STi. I am not sure I can ever sell my evo. I waited a long time to be able to buy the RS4 but still nothing was like the driving experience for me with the evo.

that being said I was shocked at how well the Sti handled. Thing is stuck to the road and is very well balanced out of the box. It actually feels like its on coils.

to me the WRX and the Evo are very different cars... very hard to compare. If you are looking for somehting to daily drive i would go with a newer car if you can afford it. less to worry about.

(knock on wood) My evo is modded and all the stuff I have done to it my other cars have always broke down and the evo no matter what was always ready to go and fill the gap when other vehicles were down. I absolutly love my Evo and will have that car forever. It was the car that converted me over from be a complete Euro ***.. ;-)
I leased a 2014 Jetta SE. White, black leather, sunroof, screen in the dash (no nav), 4 door, 6spd auto with tiptronich, 1.8 turbo, 32mpg, quiet, did well in teh snow last year, and all maintenance and service covered for the first 20k miles (lease is total 42k mile lease). There are many days I'm so thankful to just get in the Jetta and it fires right up and has zero issues...but every second I'm not in the Evo I think about it and want to drive it haha
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:55 PM

Lol Evo 8 GSR or Evo 9 GSR or Evo 9 MR or Evo X GSR
Old Nov 22, 2014, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
so before i got my evo 9,i test drove the wrx my14, I was going to look at this as a DD, i thought it was cute but to heavy and long, i guess suby has gone soft for the general public but the real machine was the 50 grand STi sitting in the lot next to the REX, so now i'm thinking do i really want to spend 50g on a fun machine and I've also heard of issues with them when you tune em....so hence I commence my journey in discovering the Evo, after test driving many slammed evo 8s and 9s I started to get frustrated and go back to looking at older MY11 WRXs...these are cheaper then Evo9s and alot newer, but this forum brought me back on track and I ended up finding my ultmate evo 9. I now have this thing in the garage and there aint anymore around like it. Everytime I drive this thing, its like piloting a jet fighter in the traffic. Its power is vicious,it slams torque through the driveline, its cool, its quirky,its edgy, everyone wants to check it out....the wrx is dime a dozen,there will be girls pulling up in them at the gym next to yours... this beast represents individuality....your're a man doing his own thing

over and out!!!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 08:00 AM

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4747188251.html

Thoughts on this one? 2 owner car, 1st owner had it for 30k and had a FPred on it at one point. 2nd owner has had it now for 111k miles.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LancerCALI88

Thoughts on this one? 2 owner car, 1st owner had it for 30k and had a FPred on it at one point. 2nd owner has had it now for 111k miles.
I'd go and drive that.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerCALI88

The "lowered with unknown springs" part kind of worries me. Sure, perhaps the first owner installed them, but how do you not know what kind of springs they are? Most halfway serious Evo owners would have uninstalled them and swapped in something else, whether it's stock springs or better lowering springs.