Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Totaled? :(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Am I the only one that if this happened to Id have to fight back the urge to get right out and punch whoever caused it in the face? Im talking like 16 yr old girl, the pope, my great grandfather, I dont care haha
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Am I the only one that if this happened to Id have to fight back the urge to get right out and punch whoever caused it in the face? Im talking like 16 yr old girl, the pope, my great grandfather, I dont care haha
I agree 100% with this statement! If it was an honest mistake, ie bad weather, black ice, etc... I might not freak out as much. But someone running a solid red light and t boning me like that, Im going to jail for the day for assualt, not even going to lie. I would be beyond upset and way past logical thinking at that point
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 150 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
lol same I don't think I'd be able to control myself. Specially after putting 2 years into building one of my evos, if it was that one I'd have an attempted murder charge on my hands...And if it was a girl, I'd just start cussing her to hell..

Last edited by RallySport9; Nov 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha glad its not just me then. I had my truck totaled from being parked on the curb and just screamed at the top of my lungs, that didnt help, and I ended up getting ****ed in the long run. So if the Evo gets plowed into, and as stated there wasnt a contributing factor such as weather, act of God, etc., yeah Ill take a simple assault charge for making their face feel like my car at that moment.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total loss for sure...sorry to hear that, but make sure you buy it back because it will be cheap.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
lol same I don't think I'd be able to control myself. Specially after putting 2 years into building one of my evos, if it was that one I'd have an attempted murder charge on my hands...And if it was a girl, I'd just start cussing her to hell..

Haha yea it crossed my mind as soon as he hit me, but I was a little shooken up. Best part is the guy told me I ran the red. Time to bring in a lawyer into this mess. Ill post updates on what happens
Old Nov 30, 2014, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

u can make some good $$ with the goodies on the front end of your vehicle!

If you have SE lip I get dibs #justsayin !!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wapoosh
Haha yea it crossed my mind as soon as he hit me, but I was a little shooken up. Best part is the guy told me I ran the red. Time to bring in a lawyer into this mess. Ill post updates on what happens

Of course he did, come on I mean put yourself in his shoes. If I totaled another 9 because I ran a red light ( even if it was in my truck so I'm not totaling 2 9's at once) I would prolly go full jdm n commit seppuku in the middle of the intersection haha. But seriously sorry this happened to you man and hope it works out.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 08:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had about 11k worth of damage to the front end of my evo a few years back and the elected to fix the car. This might not be as comparable since this is a side impact. If they give you option to buy back..I'd do it. Sorry to see this happen... Good luck with everything!

BMH
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:47 PM

It took it high up on the rim and low in the wheelhouse. There's minimal structure in that particular location. The wheel house are made to crumple and sacrifice to save the inner wheel house/ strut tower. Being that it took it high on the wheel and not on the centerline of the axle it had a pivot motion to it instead of direct compression into the cradle and the rails. Looks like you'll need a full door, complete quarter assembly, outer wheel house and what ever suspension components that were damaged, strut, arms, wheel bearing and hub and wheel most likely. If the impact dident reach the cradle and sway the rails thell most likely save it.Could go both ways depending on what the rails and tower look like. Good luck man, post up what they write it for.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:13 PM

Update on First post
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:57 PM

bummer deal man. hopefully insurance is good to you.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If its paid off you will be in good shape...if you still owe more than its worth then it may hurt a little. I wouldnt elect to buy it back, she will never be the same. Unless you own a body shop, its gonna take time, then more time and money to fix it.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 06:22 PM

Update on my car, should be getting back next week, will post pics.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

It'll never be the same, I mean performance wise sure, but there aren't many shops that actually pay attention to detail, especially ones that get insurance claims. Scrap it, buy it back and make some money there or you'll never be happy with it again.

Quick Reply: Totaled? :(