Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Radiator....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radiator....

Okay so here goes the story.

Basically I had a stock rad, traded someone straight across for a PWR thicker aluminum one. Once I got it, I noticed the neck was cracked and leaking and when I got the radiator installed. My FP oil feed line was rubbing on it and so the heat wrecked my oil feed line AND wrecked the radiator. So I gotta get new ones come spring... which leads me to my question....... WHAT RADIATOR TO BUY!? I am pushing approx 470whp. I would like a GOOD radiator. I don't think I wanna go back to stock. I track once is a blue moon so I would like a good cooling radiator.

Basically Ive narrowed down my options to Koyo, CBRD and Mishimoto. Because I like "quality" stuff on my car, some ppl have told me to stay away from Mishimoto, some told me, they work well. I know they are my "cheapest" option, koyo is next and so is CBRD. Now I have to also get new fans b/c the one on the PWR i don't think will work nor do i have stock ones. the CBRD seems like a good option because incase I do a T3/T4 kit, gives me that option however its really expensive however does come with everything. Im just not sure if the 1" radiator would give the cooling of the Koyo.

I also wanna know if the half rad for koyo is functional for what i do.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments , etc etc. I have a feeling everything is gonna point me to Koyo but we shall see lol.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get Koyo if you are going to run stock fan as it bolts up like factory, I would not run a half size radiator. The CBRD is great I would of bought one, ended up going with Koyo as I'm keeping factory fan and CBRD uses after market fan! I called several shops and they all recommended the Koyo.......
Old Nov 30, 2014, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ended up going with mishimoto. when I was researching it I found a couple stories of leaks in the radiator straight from the manufacturer for all brands. The selling point for me was mishimoto's warrantee, if it ever leaks they replace it no questions asked, hell if you wreck your car they still replace it. Figured that way if I got one of the crappier ones I could just keep sending um back till I got a good one, and the 4-5-6 one I got fit my stock fan for a month till I got a slimline one, idk if the 8-9 one is different but I doubt it is. Just food for thought.