Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Main battery fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Main battery fuse keeps blowing

I had a few shops built my car and when I got it back, rear left signal lights not working and along with the night lamp on the left taillight. Also now my main battery fuse 100amp keeps blowing on me. It never happened until I took it to the last shop that tuned my car. I would be driving and when I take my feet off the gas padel, the car would shut off completely and kill the fuse. I'd stop on the side and replace the main fuse again and it would continuously do it again. My battery has been relocated to the trunk, but I don't think that is the issue since it went through 2 other shops and this.problem never happened until I took it to the last shop who I paid to inspect the car and tune. I'm to the point where I have no idea what happened and why I'm having this issue. Could it be starter issue that's blowing my fuse? Ground on battery in the trunk is grounded to the strut bolt in the rear

Last edited by DevinEvo; Dec 2, 2014 at 12:26 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere and that is popping the fuse. As you have probably figured out by now replacing the fuse isnt going to solve your problem as it is merely doing its jobs so there isnt other damage to your electrical system.

I'd start by going back over your battery relocation. There is a good chance that the main power wire has been compromised and is shorting out thus popping the fuse.