Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

shortening wheelbase for project?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shortening wheelbase for project?

I've got some ideas in the works for building a tube chassis to accommodate an evo8 motor, trans, and awd system for the purpose of sticking under another car. Problem is, the evo has a 9 inch longer wheelbase. If I shortened the theoretical evo chassis 3 - 6 inches to stuff in, would I encounter extremely detrimental driveability compromises or complications? I'm not very well versed in the evo, but I do have strong mechanical background. I want to build a front engine, awd type 3 vw with a healthy 500 hp or so. I know, I know. A LOT of work, but that's why I'm here. So, if y'all Could help this newbie out, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Humor me
Old Dec 2, 2014, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Custom propeller shaft, I'd imagine that would be about it. Considering every other part of the project is custom too, it shouldn't be too difficult to get situated.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the beauty of the 4G63. Easy horsepower in a small package. Pleased post some sketches or CAD drawings. :-)