Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lost the key

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Man FYI. My house was broken into..They took my keys also bike and car and I got both rekeyd think I paid like $600 for both.. Let me just tell you that the bike key is very.... Not so OEM to turn on. And the car key, it works fine now that it's broken in, but theres like glue residue and crap all over one of my doors.. And I got a reputable locksmith took a LONG time for job to be finished... I would recomend to sit out there with him while he does it make sure he doesn't get irriated and **** some **** up.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear- that's quite unfortunate. Change your locks, get new locks & key.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok today locksmith came to rekey the car. I got 3 keyes 2 from ebay that are specially for Evo and I got one from the dealer. The locksmith told me the keyes from ebay will not work and that he can only use the one from the dealer. My question is. Is this true the transponder key from eBay that's for Evo won't work this is the part number MIT14-PT and this is off ebay. Can someone please help me I relly want to have 2 keyes. Thanks in advance and marry christmas and happy new year to everybody
Old Dec 31, 2014, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benIX
Ok today locksmith came to rekey the car. I got 3 keyes 2 from ebay that are specially for Evo and I got one from the dealer. The locksmith told me the keyes from ebay will not work and that he can only use the one from the dealer. My question is. Is this true the transponder key from eBay that's for Evo won't work this is the part number MIT14-PT and this is off ebay. Can someone please help me I relly want to have 2 keyes. Thanks in advance and marry christmas and happy new year to everybody
Does the ebay key go into the locks?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it does. It turns the ignition too and cranks it just doesn't start just turns over.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benIX
Yes it does. It turns the ignition too and cranks it just doesn't start just turns over.
It sounds like there is an issue with the transponder end of it. There are 2 ways to make transponder keys.
Some can be cloned while others can't. Then others can be programmed into the system. I don't do a lot of car work so I can't tell you the specifics on our Evos.
If the locksmith did the work I am sure he would have made it work for you if it was possible.