Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur DP in contact with front tie bar: Evo 8 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur DP in contact with front tie bar: Evo 8 GSR

Whats going on guys? All the time in my car I hear a noise that sounds like someone is hitting my car rapidly with a hammer from underneath at idle, usually only when it is raining or if someone heavy is in the passenger seat for some odd reason. So I went under to have a look. My buschur down pipe that the previous owner bought and installed is best friends with my front tie bar and is very close to the rear one also. I went on buschurs website and they do have a kit that usually comes with spacers and new bolts for the tie bars so everything will clear. I go back under my car and it appears to have this kit already installed on it :/ hmmmmm i really don't want to just remove the tie bars from the car because Mitsubishi must have put them there for a reason. Cusco makes braces for that area of the car which state that they will clear "aftermarket" down pipes, but i thought the kit from buschur would do that also. I am not bad mouthing Buschur Racing in anyway, It is a beautiful down pipe, but I just want my car to stop sounding like a machine gun at idle is all haha If you guys have and suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Brian

Car also has the original rubber exhaust hangers on the down pipe which have been twisted to fit the Buschur style hanger(different than most down pipe hangers I've seen) maybe i should get different ones? maybe it is making the down pipe sag a bit?

Car also has Buschur's o2 housing and a tubular manifold that i am not sure of the brand(previous owner bought and installed it) Maybe it is of shotty quality and causes the down pipe to sit lower than a stock mani would? I bought a stock manifold and was thinking of having Buschur port it to install with my FP Green.

Anyways those are two of my ideas for what could be happening. A local shop is going to be removing my down pipe next week for a wideband install, so maybe they will have an idea for what to do also, or maybe when they pop it back in magic will just happen hahaha. Just working on getting my baby the way I would have built her in the first place :roll eyes: Thanks again fellas.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
add a few more washers on the tie bar to clear the DP.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 01:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Mine was also tight with the included spacers. I used a 3ft pry bar to bend the tie-bars down another 1/2" or so..
Old Dec 31, 2014, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I had to ad a spacer and then used a hammer to dent the DP just a pinch. :}
Old Dec 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
add washers like everyone says.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 04:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freind had same problem....spacers he used