Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo keeps stalling help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo keeps stalling help!!!

Hey guys so I have an evo 8. Pretty much stock. All I have done was a act 6 puck clutch grimmspeed electronic boost controller and a tune. Now the car was running fine until last night. The whole day it ran good. Until the afternoon I was at a light and just died on me. I tried cranking it over and would not start. After a while it started up but idled rough. I drove it and stalled out again. And as I tried to turn it over again it acted like a dead battery. Someone cam and gave me a jump but took a while for it to crank. I figured my battery was going out or alternator. I went to get them checked out and they both tested fine. But they gave me a new battery. I drove for a while and did it again. I cleaned the maf sensor and checked the wires it was all good. What could be the cause of this? ???
Old Dec 31, 2014, 07:42 PM

check fuel pump or fuel pump relay
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem with my evo, i upped the RPM in the ECUFLASH program, i cant remember what the proper section is named in the program, havent opened the ecuflash program in over a year.

you find a sub menu where you can tinker with the RPM's, there is a RPM-idle and RPM-drive, you up them both a little so they dont go below 500.

i had the same stalling issue when the clutch is pressed in and now its gone.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 03:05 AM

Um the weird thing is that it only happens in the night when its colder but in the morning when it's warmer runs fine.