Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Photo request for the backside of an evo 9 bumper with all of the oem grill mesh

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Photo request for the backside of an evo 9 bumper with all of the oem grill mesh

Basically what I am trying to find is a clear picture of the backside of an evo 9 bumper with all of the oem grill mesh and supports and what not back there so I can get an idea of how many clips/bolts I need and what parts go where. Yes I know there are several threads for the swap from evo 8 to evo 9 bumper that have part numbers in them but that is assuming you have the oem hardware from the evo 8 to work with, and my car never came with any of it so I have to start from scratch. I also have a STM bumper support in the front so I am just trying to figure out what parts are necessary for mounting the grill mesh and what parts go to locating the bumper on the crash bar which I don't need those parts unless it also holds in the mesh. Also due to the cost of the oem mesh and brackets and stuff I am trying to replace it in sections so that is another reason why I would like a picture so I can make sure to order everything necessary to mount the grill in its location. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevermind of course after I posted this I found the magical search terms and had the attention span to look enough pages back on google to find exactly what I was looking for. For anybody else who may be looking for this information here is the link.
http://speed.academy/mitsubishi-evo-...er-conversion/
Old Jan 26, 2015, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
wow that's a fantastically detailed thread