Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCCA Solo Classes for Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SCCA Solo Classes for Evo

Ok, my wife did her first solo school, and now she is hooked. She wants to know what class she would be in, with upgraded exhaust and rear sway?

What are the classes the Evo fits in anyway? Educate me you solo fanatics on the way of the cones. I have to get the car ready for her, so she can drive it in two weeks.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i'm correct she will be in ESP, if it was stock it would be in AS. i think those r the only classes the Evo is in right now.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgraded exhaust, if it is cat-back only leaves you in A Stock. The rear sway bar bumps you out of stock however. The other classes the Evo is currently in are ESP, SM, and STU. STU is a provisional class that is new this season and is a street tire class for relatively lightly modded high perf four seat cars (Evo, STi, M3, etc.) and allows no boost control. ESP is for somewhat more seriously modded cars; R compounds are legal as they are in stock, no boost control allowed here either. SM is basically SP with very liberal driveline rules (boost your brains out).

If you want to retain the rear bar, run STU if the class is offered locally. Otherwise you are in ESP...

JW