Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP!!! No power when I turn the key to on!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!! No power when I turn the key to on!

Let me start from the beginning. Relocated battery to trunk. Grounded to the rear strut tower with the paint off for a good ground. After install turn the key to the first click (acc) the radio comes on then key one more click (on) everything goes dead. Then test the ground again and power is back feeding through the ground tested with test light..**then turn key back off and everything goes back to normal.

So I decided to go hook battery back up in front same result....

So now decided to unhook each wire from distribution block one buy one. found that when I disconnected the 2 white/red strip wires that run to the main fuse block (circled in red) the power goes back to the power wire and not through the ground anymore.

So I decided to check all relays all seem good 80 to 140 ohms and open and close when powered up from an external power source (an extra battery I had lying around). Now I'm out a ideas can anyone help please
Old Feb 9, 2015, 08:13 AM

Here is a pic of the line grounding out
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!! No power when I turn the key to on!-2015-02-09-10.09.18.jpg  
Old Feb 9, 2015, 02:59 PM

Evo electrical gremlins I tell u...hooked up again and now everything works great no problems after repeated starts