Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

does anyone have a racing outfit?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
does anyone have a racing outfit?

does anyone use a fire proof race outfit on track days? or gloves and shoes?

Apart from safety is there any advantage in wearing this stuff on track days. I was thinking I might pick up a race suit second hand if I can find one.

edit: any tips on buying a suit, shoes or gloves?

Last edited by Jonno99; Feb 10, 2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is nothing more important than safety at a track. If you decide to wear a full suit, think about investing in a cool suit system as well, otherwise you will cook yourself on hot days.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 03:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,562 Likes on 1,340 Posts
I have a helmet (obviously lol),a 3 layer fire suit and gloves and shoes. A good 3 layer suit is actually cooler/better breathing than a cheap single layer, so keep that in mind when shopping for one. I don't wear driving shoes in the Evo, they aren't wide enough for me to "heel and toe" with. I don't have the range of motion in my right ankle to keep my heel on the gas, and move my toes over to the brake or vice verse because the brake pedal goes past the throttle pedal on hard braking, so I usually just wear regular shoes. In my off road car, the brake/throttle pedal are perfectly place so I wear race/driving shoes in that.

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Feb 10, 2015 at 03:17 PM.